Bike clunks into first gear...

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
But no happy times when I release the clutch and add throttle. ??? Bike will shift, but no forward movement when I release the clutch lever. Think there might be an issue with the clutch, yes?

I'm assuming THIS be the problem? :banghead:

20130723_201027.jpg

I think if you click on the pic it'll make it bigger...I think. ???

May be hard to see, but that drive ring is also cracked. ???:banghead:

20130723_201100.jpg

Ok...so maybe it won't get bigger. ??? Sorry, folks.

But yeah...I'd assume that once I replace these it'll be back to happy happy vroom vroom times, yes? :)

Oh...and it also looks like I'm gonna need a new pressure disk for the clutch. Dangit.

I hate when that happens....:duh:

I didn't know Guam had a drag strip.:race: :laugh:

You remember about easy install without breakage (clutch slave/sproket cover etc?)

Bummer.

Rubb.

clutch.jpg

I hate when that happens....:duh:

I didn't know Guam had a drag strip.:race: :laugh:

You remember about easy install without breakage (clutch slave/sproket cover etc?)

Bummer.

Rubb.

Ah...and there you have it! My bruvvah does not disappoint. I posted that up and thought..."I'll bet me bruvver is the first one to respond". You have never let me down, my bro... :bowdown:

Yeah...I hate it when that happens too. :banghead: Actually, we do have a drag strip... :thumbsup::laugh: It's not the greatest, but we gots one. At least it beats how we used to do it in the old days; back then, the military gave back a strip of land that had a runway. That was the hot-rodding place to be. Car shows, games of chicken (a couple poor souls actually died) and general hanging out/hooliganism. Nowadays, we have the drap strip. It's actually a converted parking lot, but hey...we'll take what we can get. Hehe...

As to the easy install without breakage...tell me more, me bruddah. I am a bit...clueless. ???

Clueless in Seattle.

no wait. Pacless in seattle?

Clueless Pacless?

Damnit...I don't have the witty touch. :(

I was there when the drag strip was first laid, and we had a portable tree, with no timing lights. Hanging out at Two Lovers Point was always a good place to see quick cars too... I miss being there, the food, my local friends, and the amazing beaches as well.

No kidding? Awesome! Glad to hear of someone who stopped on by! :thumbsup:

Yeah...that was actually supposed to be the parking lot. So many problems with that place. Construction starts, then stops. Starts then stops. I kinda gave up hope. They were supposed to build a small circuit road course...but that's been 15 years in the making. Sigh.

Two Lover's is ok. Too many cops know about the area, so it's not the hotspot like it used to be. The food, however, is still as yummy as ever. The beaches are more or less still the same. :beerchug:

I was there when the drag strip was first laid, and we had a portable tree, with no timing lights. Hanging out at Two Lovers Point was always a good place to see quick cars too... I miss being there, the food, my local friends, and the amazing beaches as well.

You wouldn't happen to know a group of Mustang guys there by the names of Manny, Steve (muscular guy), and Pat would you? I lost touch with them years ago, and would like to touch base with them again. If memory serves correct, Manny worked at the Toyota dealership as a mechanic, Steve worked with the Guam PD-and was the Lt Gov's bodyguard, and Pat (Untalan?) worked for the Marshall's Service.

Easy fix, but dam! I will slap Raydog in the back of the head tomorrow when I seem!

Lol...no worries, my bro. Its all good! :beerchug: I'm sure Raydog took very good care of her while she was with him. I mean, it is a 13yr old clutch. :) I ordered a set of heavy duty EBC clutch plates...so I'm thinkin that'll solve my problems. Its a blessing in disguise, I think...now it just forces me to get all the things done to it that I've been meaning to do; oil change, spark plugs, cleaning the air filter and the Brock's starter gear sleeve. I already did the starter gear sleeve...so next payday is the oil, filter and plugs. :thumbsup: I've put on about a thousand miles on her, so it's about that time to get it done. :D

You wouldn't happen to know a group of Mustang guys there by the names of Manny, Steve (muscular guy), and Pat would you? I lost touch with them years ago, and would like to touch base with them again. If memory serves correct, Manny worked at the Toyota dealership as a mechanic, Steve worked with the Guam PD-and was the Lt Gov's bodyguard, and Pat (Untalan?) worked for the Marshall's Service.
Wtf? Dude...are you serious?! I know those guys!!! Small small world! :D Heck yeah, I know those guys! Well, two of them, at any rate. Manny I'm familar with, but not close to. Steve and Pat I'm very good friends with! Shoot, I stopped by Steve-O's house a couple weeks ago...roughly around the same time Pat's truck was subject to my mischievious affections. :laugh: Dude...pm me your name and contacts. I'll pass it on to them.

Man! Talk about a small world! :beerchug:

Lol...no worries, my bro. Its all good! :beerchug: I'm sure Raydog took very good care of her while she was with him. I mean, it is a 13yr old clutch. :) I ordered a set of heavy duty EBC clutch plates...so I'm thinkin that'll solve my problems. Its a blessing in disguise, I think...now it just forces me to get all the things done to it that I've been meaning to do; oil change, spark plugs, cleaning the air filter and the Brock's starter gear sleeve. I already did the starter gear sleeve...so next payday is the oil, filter and plugs. :thumbsup: I've put on about a thousand miles on her, so it's about that time to get it done. :D

Sounds like you guys are treating each other well.

Sounds like you guys are treating each other well.

Yep...she's a princess! :thumbsup: Scares the heck outta me but gives me shid-eating grins every time I ride. And man...that frikkin exhaust! It seems to have gotten louder. ??? I'm starting to hear from the neighbors that they can always tell when I'm a couple of minutes away...they can hear the bike out on the main street. :whistle:

By the way...would you happen to have a set of OEM clutch plates and driven rings? Just in case. :)

Yep...she's a princess! :thumbsup: Scares the heck outta me but gives me shid-eating grins every time I ride. And man...that frikkin exhaust! It seems to have gotten louder. ??? I'm starting to hear from the neighbors that they can always tell when I'm a couple of minutes away...they can hear the bike out on the main street. :whistle:

By the way...would you happen to have a set of OEM clutch plates and driven rings? Just in case. :)

I would have to check but I am pretty sure I do not, glad you are happy bro.

UPDATE:

Installed EBC heavy-duy clutch plates last week Wednesday...success!!! Woohoo!!! :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Feels like the plates are settled in now...easy snicks in and out all the way up to 6 and easy snickens all the way down to 1st. Some minor hangups when the bike is in 6 and I'm trying to click down to 1st at a complete stop.

Pulls nice, no slippage so far. Then again, I haven't really been cranking it...I've been trying to take it easy. But so far, so good! Woot!

I'm back in the game! :)

Atta boy...:thumbsup:

Rubb.

in the saddle - Mx Simulator - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back