Bike Battery Pricing Vs Cars Or Trucks

CaptainInsano

Registered
Ok so whats the freeken deal here with the batteries. I look on line and they go from $33 to $60 with free shipping included. So I went to my local parts place, and they want $99 for the cheapest, try Napa, $149 wtf.

These batteries are half the size and materials as a full size truck battery, but they are the same price if not more in the store.... The guy in the store tells me he cant even touch that kind of pricing, and wont even try to cut me a deal.

I really did not want to order a new one off the web, and have it delivered, but it looks like I'm going to have too.
I know they can be kind of touchy, so I was afraid to order, incase it got dropped or damaged. Then Im waiting again for a replacement. All the while the bike is out of comision, because of a stupid battery...

anyone here have one delivered with any luck, and looking for a good place to get one.

yea but he will need a lithium batter charger as well so add $100 to that if u want a decent one and lithium batteries are about $200. just not necessary and a waste imo for an otherwise stock bike. I've had several both standard and lithium and none work any better then the other one does one jus weighs less

If you order one order a lithium, you won't be disappointed.

If you order one order a lithium,
you won't be disappointed.

batterytender-btl35a480c.jpg

yea but he will need a lithium batter charger as well so add $100 to that if u want a decent one and lithium batteries are about $200. just not necessary and a waste imo for an otherwise stock bike. I've had several both standard and lithium and none work any better then the other one does one jus weighs less

You don't need a charger for a lithium battery. I've had mine for years with no issue. If your run it down just don't trickle charge - use 6 amp charge or more and don't over charge.

no one NEEDS a lithium battery but if u buy the EVO battery from ballistic which is the only one I wud suggest it will function better and last longer with their charger. I tried it without their battery charger and it wud not charge properly. u can buy some junk charger and it may or may not work thats up to u.

You don't need a charger for a lithium battery. I've had mine for years with no issue. If your run it down just don't trickle charge - use 6 amp charge or more and don't over charge.

no one NEEDS a lithium battery but if u buy the EVO battery from ballistic which is the only one I wud suggest it will function better and last longer with their charger. I tried it without their battery charger and it wud not charge properly. u can buy some junk charger and it may or may not work thats up to u.

I let my bike charge my lithium battery. Even in a short-cycle application like drag racing with additional loads (heated O2 sensor and frequent ECU flash) we have no issues keeping the batteries charged. We don't use a junk charger, I have an old Schneider, but I'll only use that if something happens to drain the battery while not running. I've charged my buddy's lithium battery a few times after he left the O2 on and fully discharged the battery with no problems. I've had my Shorai battery since they came out and it still works great just being charged by the bike.

Considering that the cheap batteries like Wal-Mart and some parts store batteries only come with a 30 day warranty I don't feel bad about spending the extra coin on a lithium battery when it is a similar cost to a good lead-acid battery.

Back