Bike alarm gone crazy need help asap

PaLVBusa

Registered
Ok heres the deal. Pulled into Wawa (gas station) before work. Get off to grab a drink and set bike alarm (Scorpio I600) and alarm goes crazy but keychain says its still unlocked. No matter what I hit it does not shut off alarm. I took out fuse and disconnected everything and removed the entire unit.
Still going off!!!
SO I decided its probably runing on backup power so I figured I would just drive it into work and let the alarm go off til the backup power died.
Turn ignition on and bike does nothing. Fuel pump doesnt prime, gauges dont come on. I DO NOT HAVE AN IGNITION KILL with my alarm so this is not a good thing.

I do know I removed my battery 2-3 wks ago and my battery terminal was loose but I got it tight at that point. Could this by the culprit? I noticed my time reset on my dash but since Im at work I have no tools and cant access the battery at this point. :banghead:

Any thoughts?? Bike is currently sitting in gas station. :please::please:

Ok, you are upset, slow down and think. Is the bike in gear? Kick stand up, kill switch set to run? What else does the fuse feed?

Not really upset as much as embarressed. Entire wawa parking lot looked like i was trying to jack my own bike. Funny thing is 3 cops were there drinking coffee not a 1 came ot help out or even check if i was actually stealing the bike. No huge rush cause Im at work and the bike has gotta sit in the gas station another 11.5 hours til i can get off work to check it out. Just wanted some ideas.

Bike is not in gear but nothing on the dash comes up when the key is turned. Even if it was in gear, the dash would still light up correct? The fuse ONLY feeds the alarm. I hide it in a place that I could easily get to but was still hidden just in case something like this happened.

Its almost like the battery would be 100% dead; however, the time is still on dash and since I drove it 20+miles to work this am im pretty certain the battery has at least SOME juice in it.

I think the dash should light up when the key is turned on. But it wont prime the pump unless the kill switch is on.

My guess is the battery as well. Did you try and jump it from a car with it's ignition OFF?

Cant access the battery. No tools to get seat off.

Is it safe to jump the bike with a car? I was always told not to...

Sure, just dont leave the car running. The cranking amps of a car battery is not good for the busa battery.

Stupid question but you dont have your toolkit in the back of the Busa? I could have sworn there was a an allen in there for the seat???

I dont know the actual size of the allen for the seat but maybe someone can chime in and you can grab one from work/Homde Depot/Lowes/auto part store?

If a trickle charger, tender, or spare battery were available, then jumping it wouldn't be my first suggestion, but at long as the car is off (or at least turned to ACC), you should be fine. I've done it couple times on each bike I've had.

No toolkit in the tail? :rulez: :laugh:

Yeah, still havent gotten the courage to do the trunk mod yet so limited space = removing things i dont "NORMALLY" need, aka tookkit. :banghead:

Guess what my next mod is??
Anyone living around the eastern PA area whose done the trunk mod (or just alittle more Mcgivery then myself) wanna help out for a case of beer?:beerchug:

Oh and thank you for all the advice guys. I really do appreciate it.

Yeah, still havent gotten the courage to do the trunk mod yet so limited space = removing things i dont "NORMALLY" need, aka tookkit. :banghead:

Guess what my next mod is??
Anyone living around the eastern PA area whose done the trunk mod (or just alittle more Mcgivery then myself) wanna help out for a case of beer?:beerchug:

Oh and thank you for all the advice guys. I really do appreciate it.

The trunk mod is easier than you think.

Back