Bigger, Better, Louder HORN

btreaves

Registered
Hey Fellas,

I'm looking to install a louder horn on my baby. As I understand it for every 6 decibles sound increases it actually doubles the loudness...So I don't think I need to go up much on the decible level...6 should do it if it's going to double the blast.

I'm hoping for a plug and play affair...I'd like to avoid installing relays, addressing fitment issues, etc...etc...etc... I just want a horn that'll replace the stocker, fit back there comfortably and that's 6 decibles louder than stock.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you want a strong horn, you really want to fit a relay because of the current draw can burn out the horn switch or overload the wiring or fuse.
I fitted twin fiat style horns mounted in where the starter motor sits (heaps of room in there)
run off a relay straight from the battery and switched by the stock horn button using a cable pluged into the stock horn wiring
Talk about bloody loud!!
smile.gif

I just replaced mine with a regular car horn from Autozone. It was probably the best $7.99 mod I've made or at least the most safety oreinted $7.99 mod I made.

Or you could go all out and do the AIR HORN mod.. Which is pretty cool and will have you sounding like a Train when you blow by...

I don't like going to loud (large) with an airhorn. People start looking for a truck and mis the bike.

The simple loud car horn sounds great however....

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088186692 -->

Yea...What's this Sipe horn?

Does anyone know the decibel rating of the stock horn...I may take a trip to my local autozone as well. I don't need anything facy...just something that's louder.

Yea...What's this Sipe horn?

Does anyone know the decibel rating of the stock horn...I may take a trip to my local autozone as well. I don't need anything facy...just something that's louder.

Go for the air horn. I did the two horn jobber, and it's very nice and loud.

If a cager even looks like he's coming over, I blast away. I think Icemann posted pics of his install in the Mods section.

It's a mod I'd highly recommend.

get at me fellas on my 03 busa i set up a dual hella air horn it was nasty loud but my lights would dim and on some occasions would need a push start and after about a week even with hooking up the battery tender every night killed the battery and fudged up the electrical system wtf can be done to prevent this?
rock.gif
?

this may be a stupid question, but when connecting the horn wiring plug to the actual horn, how do you know which part of the connector is positive, and which one is negative? if i go to add an autozone horn to the bike, i'll have to match polarity, and i don't think the plug has (+) or (-) anywhere on it.

thanks.

back key strokes sorry
biggrin.gif

The simple loud car horn sounds great however....

crazybusa,
The polarity should be marked on the new horn. I'm not sure what would happen if you reversed the polarity, but it could be bad (thermonuclear explosion or worse).

If I recall, usually the bigger connector on a horn is positive.

Good luck!

Reverse polarity, too be honest I don't think it matters the way the horn is setup..Its just a simple plug and play

Use a multimeter to check for a positive feed by grounding it and hitting your horn button to send electricity through the wire. If it is hot it will read positive, if not, then it is not. lol.

If a cager even looks like he's coming over, I blast away.  
My thougts exactly but you have to get a horn from a pawn shop, 7 day waiting period. Tape it on no wiring necessary and i bet when it goes off you'll get everyones attention
so BLAST AWAY!
guns.gif

I have a set of air horns I never put on my truck, now there is an idea. I will have to see about this. I might give it a shot if it will fit. No cost to me, I already have it. Wait and see

this is a mod I've been thinking about....although I havent had to use my horn much, I think I'd like it to be a little louder

I put a Fiaam Highway/Freeway Blaster on mine and it is plenty loud. It can be wired either way and plugs right in. I bolted it to the factory bracket, just made sure to turn the hole down so water does not collect in it.

Back