Big_daddy_wishbone

I installed the D&D Drag Packs on my 2002 Hayabusa. The bike sounds "Wicked!!!" I toned it down a little by Tack welding 2" baffles in the H pipe. It still has the growl but smoothed out. The problem is when I had the bike Dyno'd I lost about 18 Horse Power. Is it the pipes themselves, or is it the baffles I welded in. If anyone knows a way that I could keep the pipes and regain my horsepower please let me know.

What was your Dyno reading? rwhp should be around 150 to 155 - not the claimed 170+ from the factory, as this number is not taken at the rear wheel. So you might be ok, if your rwhp numbers fall in the above range.

I've read that D&D pipes sound great, but can drop rwhp numbers a little, but 18 hp sounds like a lot of power to drop. Can you give us any other information, as you might have other issues going on with this sort of power loss. And did you have a dyno run made before you made the exhaust mod
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154338442 -->

I do have a power commander installed. I did not dyno the bike before the drag pipes were put on. I talked with another mechanic and he seems to think there is not enough back pressure with the pipe. I am going to try installing Vortex Cone Inserts to see if it will get my horsepower back. If it does not work, I'll just keep the pipes on when riding around the city. When I go to the track, I will put the D&D cannisters on. The drag pipes are only slip ons. They come off real easy. I should fair pretty well at the track with them because I have a dry nitrous setup as well. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Back