Big problems for the ZX14?

No bike should blow that kind of oil if it's healthy, Could be a hurt piston pressurizing the crankcase. If you have to put a catch can on something you just paid big money for I say that's a design flaw...

O Holy P said:
well since no one has said it yet...the obligatory: haha, kawasaki sucks! :laugh: (oil into the airbox in this case)

Remember before u ride your kawi
Drain over flow
Check oil maybe add a quart..lol

sent from my busa

ok if your putting that much oil into your airbox and then into a "larger" catch can, what does that leave for the engine and tranny to run on after doing some high speed runs? does it come with a spot for a quart of oil under the seat once you empty your catch can acouple times? ???

Stoney McSloth said:
ok if your putting that much oil into your airbox and then into a "larger" catch can, what does that leave for the engine and tranny to run on after doing some high speed runs? does it come with a spot for a quart of oil under the seat once you empty your catch can acouple times? ???

That would be almost an instand oil change..lol

sent from my busa

I can understand the small bottle to catch oil mist and so forth from the crankcase, but when your air box fills up to where you need a "larger" catch can?

Wait a minute I solved the Kawi design problem........ relocate the oil pump to the airbox, problem solved. Wow I should be a Kawi design engineer.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

From Brock on bike land.org

posted March 28, 2012 02:34 PM *******
C'mon guys... do you REALLY think I'm going to have too much oil in my bike on the dyno?

1. The oil was at the low level in the window.
2. I use tunning link software, so the bike sees SEVERE loads most people will never see - unless they race top speed, tag the limiter a bunch or a combination of both.
3. ALL oil is 'light' under severe pressures and high speeds.
4. I am testing at 500 RPM BEYOND the manufacturer's limit for this bike
5. My point is there is NO DRAIN whatsoever, so watch out for the issue. It doesn't need to be as severe as mine to slow you down and it doesn't take long to inspect - just look at your overflow bottle.

Slugger has seen 400 miles of pure dyno hell with <<0 weight oil and Petron, and hasn't broken a sweat... We just made 227 RWHP (STD scale) last night on MR12 after a couple Alisyn shooters! BuuuuuurrrrrP... We will be at the track soon, so watch the F*ck out boys, it's about to get REALLY FUN in my world (:

Brock
Brocks Performance

Dayum 227rwhp? Thats boosted busa territory ::11 In other words completely untouchable by anything else stock on the planet. In fact the moto-gp bikes don't make much more rwhp than that if that number is correct :laugh: And thats 20 more hp than the Suzuki Alstare superbike makes :fire:

Brock is using <<0 weight oil with a raised rev limiter on an already monstrous 1441cc engine. He picked up the new bike from the dealer, then ran it for 400 miles worth of dyno pulls hitting the increased rev limiter.

I just can't see blaming the bike for this yet. If it becomes more than an isolated incident then it will be a different story, but at this point it isn't.

I'm sorry but 227 HP and he hasn't even cracked open the motor!! I give the Kawi :thumbup: its a beast. Plus its only got 400 miles on it that's not even broken in yet

Brock is using <<0 weight oil with a raised rev limiter on an already monstrous 1441cc engine. He picked up the new bike from the dealer, then ran it for 400 miles worth of dyno pulls hitting the increased rev limiter.

I just can't see blaming the bike for this yet. If it becomes more than an isolated incident then it will be a different story, but at this point it isn't.
Could not have said it better .. 40+ low 8.50 passes on mine and no problems .. Not a drop of oil in the air box ..

I see no problems for the big Zed.If it can take that abuse from Brock brand new and produce those figures and still not blow up then that is one great motor:bowdown:
The only big problems are for its rivals and the people who buy Busa's purely because they are the fastest etc

Back