BIG E and I go for a ride...

sicheneder333

Registered
I had planned to do that Memorial ride yesterday but BIG E wanted to go try to knock some of the tread of his tires, and I needed to scrub my new ones in. Riding pretty much in a straight line with a pack of Harleys, or having BIG E take me on a guided tour of some West Virginia mountain twisties??? The second option had more appeal...lol. So anyway we met up in Fredericksburg, MD about 9:30 in the morning and started our journey. I got the new Power 3's onboard and was stoked to get 'em broke in. Weather was excellent even if just a bit on the cool side at the start of our ride. BIG E had an idea of the route we were gonna take but one of our roads was closed and detoured near Mt. Storm (bummer). Most the time I had no clue as to where we were, but was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Then near the 375 mile mark we're cutting through Rte. 33 and come across this dressed out Harley spewing sparks from his pegs, or pipes, or what ever chromed up part of the bike that was dragging. We gave him a :thumbsup: on the way by. So after fueling up in Harrisburg, VA, we hit I-81 for the final leg to our respective homes. Next thing I know Big E is stunting up the highway. Riding a rear facing wheelie at about 80 mph....NAH just kidding. We're cruising, with traffic mind you, not passing anyone but going with the flow of traffic. BOOM, Trooper hiding behind an overpass abutment. Gave BIG E a speeding ticket, said he clocked him doing 86 in a 70 zone. I don't think we were going that fast but whatcha gonna do? He didn't site me I'm guessing because I wasn't the one targeted by whatever method the VA. Troopers use to measure speed. That was the only down side to the whole day....besides my sore backside. By the time I got home and texted BIG E to check if he made it home okay, and to let him know I had as well......571.3 miles were added to the new tires.

Thanks again for the meet and greet BIG E and I'm sorry it ended with the blue and reds!

571...ouch. You guys got ballz. Well,maybe not anymore.:laugh: I'd be all broken after 571 in a Cadillac with cruise and air on.

Bummer about the ticky,but thats the price of Busa ownership. :banghead:

RSD.

Good ride mang! Next time we will take a different route if you are game. Not having too much luck with the Gen 2 with tickets. ):

Good ride mang! Next time we will take a different route if you are game. Not having too much luck with the Gen 2 with tickets. ):

Sounds good! Would be cool if we could get a few more folks to g with us. I had a good time though, except for that Smokey...lol

I did take a couple of pics. Forgot to take one of the fuzz.

Seneca Rocks, WV

20130526_164216_zpsa3be3d6c.jpg

Mt Storm, WV

20130526_143459_zpsbbebb4c8.jpg

That's a good day even by Geogiabusa_05's standards!

Glad you got out but sorry for the ticket...

Fond memories of Seneca Rocks. I miss riding out there! Sorry about the ticket Big E, I hate it when the police manage ruin an otherwise perfect day like that.

I love that ride, I took 33 to Elkins last summer from Gainesville. Next time put me on notice and I'll role with ya! I did 200 miles through Luray Saturday testing my new X1 slim.

Sorry about the performance award Big E, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy though!

I love that ride, I took 33 to Elkins last summer from Gainesville. Next time put me on notice and I'll role with ya! I did 200 miles through Luray Saturday testing my new X1 slim.

Sorry about the performance award Big E, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy though!

Good deal....but we gotta catch BIG E when he aint working....from hat I gathered about what he was telling me...he works like 25 hrs a day 8 days a week. Coolest guy tho. we'll have to catch him b4 full fledged summer tho as thats when I think he starts putting in the hrs.

That is a great ride across 33. 06busa and I took it a couple of years ago. We had a great time. Sorry about the ticket Big E Va is tough on tickets. My wife and I went out today and we must have seen 10 people pulled over. Its a wonder they did not hit you with a reckless driving as well in VA. I thought 15 over was considered that. Sorry again

That is a great ride across 33. 06busa and I took it a couple of years ago. We had a great time. Sorry about the ticket Big E Va is tough on tickets. My wife and I went out today and we must have seen 10 people pulled over. Its a wonder they did not hit you with a reckless driving as well in VA. I thought 15 over was considered that. Sorry again

20 over and they lock you up.

Sorry Big E

I did take a couple of pics. Forgot to take one of the fuzz.

Seneca Rocks, WV

20130526_164216_zpsa3be3d6c.jpg

Mt Storm, WV

20130526_143459_zpsbbebb4c8.jpg

I love, I mean LOOOOVE the tail conversion !! Was that a kit that came with everything, or did you piece it together ? Again :drool: BEEEE-U-TI-FULL !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BIG E told me the cop sited him for 80 mph, as anything over 80 is wreckless.

Back