Big Brother will be watching-you might want to read this

Gixx1300R

Registered
For those of you that dont know I'm a Firefighter in Orlando Florida area.Well today we had a meeting about up coming changes on the Firefighting industry.We were told that a new piece of Technology will be used in all Firefighting and police vehicles hear in Orlando called AVL(Automatic Vehicle Location)It uses GPS technology.The locator is no bigger than a pack of cigarettes.From what we were told,this Technology has been around before the Gulf War.They said that some Police agencies in Texas already uses this Technology.Onstar already is used this way and anyone using a GPS system can be watched.I'm not being paraniod but this technology can be installed into a vehicle before purchase and will probably never be found.The Rep from the company ( Omicron Tech)stated that they have been looking into studies to use this in many ways,House arrest participants,Convicts,People on probation,A parent can put a braclet or something like it on a child,DUI drivers and so forth.In some situations I agree this should be used but like anything else it will be abused.

Nick

Yeikes! Man I'd loose my license the first week they tracked me. Speed limiters, new radar, lazers, what's the world comming to? Next they'll have a deal where you can own the high performance vehicle but a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL is the only one that can drive it.

Need to sweep for bugs every time I go for a ride.

I am a Firefighter in Fort Myers FL. IAFF local 1826. Our E.M.S. has the AVL installed on there units.If you place a TUNA CAN over the AVL,it will not work.Does Big Brother like tuna?

There's a company out in Florida called Optoelectronics who make a product called the scout and it will pick up any type of transmiting signal that is out there and it will show you the frequency of the transmiting device. I've used it at various places and have picked up alot of neat stuff and if you have this item attached to a scanner it will tune your scanner to the frequency. Counter measure goes both ways.Oh ya for the Gals and Guys in California the cameras are up on most major freeways and they are watching you. Good Luck Gals and Guys

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 26 July 2000).]

Ambush, the tuna can was used for its size and it is metal.The can fits over the AVL just right. I am not sure who started this stealth trick.Sometimes our radios will not work in metal buildings,maybe this gave someone the idea.

No, guys, this is BS. I've been an RF tech since 1981 and unless you jack with the antenna a tuna can is just that---a tuna can. I have extensive experience with RF(radio frequency) and I say this is all bullship. And if you doubt my credibility call Goff Communications, offices in Tampa, Bradenton, Sarasota, Venice, Ft. Myers, Naples. Ask about Kurt the tower monkey(me). Specifically ask for Jim Goff, president if you disbelieve that bad.

What AVL is is there are boocoo receivers all over town that are listening for a signal---said signal is your bike. It triangulates from multiple inputs and spots you on a map. I'ts not that big a deal really.

Oh yeah FYI lojack is basically the same exact thing. I KNOW, I installed 40 lojack sites here in 'lanta.

lANTABUSA, I am not a RF tech. The AVL on the unit is round not an antenna.They claim this works,I am just putting in my .02 of what i have been told.This could be BS,just trying to help a brother.

Back