big bore kits

Roadroket

Registered
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#FFE3F5" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">[/QUOTE]<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='color:royalblue'></span>
Hello to all,
 I am new to the room. Got a 01 bl/svr with a few mods.  I am interested in putting in a big bore kit (Muzzys, to be exact) and would like any info my fellow boosa brothers and sisters might have.

welcome to the group ! I can't help you on the big bore kits . but I hope everthing turns out . Someone will pop i with advice .

you mean a BIG block or a 1397??
1397 will get you in the 190-205 hp the 1430 bigblock or stock block 1430 will be closer to 220

JC is right on the # w/ hp figures. What do you want to do with the bike? A good place to check is www.carpenterracing.com. You can acheive slightly over 200 hp w/just heads and cams. With this setup you retain rideability. Bob did my bike and 382s bike that I know of on this board and we both feel that there incredible. Search for the post and see. Good luck!

Not a bad move either JC. High compression though? How reliable is it for all day spankin' the a$$ performance!

that is why I went low comp to much can happen with High comp.
Oh and this is a 4 yr old motor.
I will try to scan the sheet

So Johnny, is it better to leave compression at stock? I was considering putting drop ins and leave the bore stock and get head work, but It would better to bore out and leave compression at 12:1? Gimme the cheese man!!
cool.gif

It all depends on what you are going to do.
I think I have yet set up two busas the same. Everybody has a different goal.
List what you want so the builder/tuner whoever it is can make it do what you want it to

Sweet guys i really appreciate the info. i found a kit at Muzzys.com which turns it to a 1437 with stock crank at 13:1 compression. just looking to get all i can out of the beast and have bad mo'foe.

It seems like you're building a drag bike. 13:1 onthe street will be a serious handful. Make sure your cell phone is fully charged when you go riding. You need to question Hp/torque figures. You can build a Busa to make 250/265 hp all motor, but you're not going farther than a 1/4 mi at a time.

Some tuners advertise hp figures, but a super high figure can be decieving. Just look at some dyno charts before deciding. You might be surprised to see a decent peak hp but lower than stock all through the rev band.  Just my .02c

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074985529 -->

JC doesn't make the 85mil piston to take it to 1430? And by the way, I want to make it a strip and street bike, but not sure If I wanna go the bore route, in case I want turbo later. What ya think man, leave it alone and just focus on the head? I'm gonna put the gas on it soon so I'll have enough power, just not sure If I want it bored. By the way Roadroket, call Rob at Fish's he can build that engine you want, tell em' you want the big block and he'll explain the last one he built.
cool.gif

JC doesn't make the 85mil piston to take it to 1430? And by the way, I want to make it a strip and street bike, but not sure If I wanna go the bore route, in case I want turbo later. What ya think man, leave it alone and just focus on the head? I'm gonna put the gas on it soon so I'll have enough power, just not sure If I want it bored. By the way Roadroket, call Rob at Fish's he can build that engine you want, tell em' you want the big block and he'll explain the last one he built.
cool.gif
yes a 85 makes it 1430 so you do not need the Muzzys to do that.
But you are going to many dierction at once.
If you want boost get Boost don't get spray then change over for boost.
This is why I say you have to have a plan and do the plan.
If no money for plan wait.

I think I'll go with the 1430 and spray and then maybe just buy another bike next year for the Boost. I kind of want both. I may make one a sleeper. Will the spray be safe on that 1430 and also what kind of heating problems should I expect with the 1430. Will it hold together? Thanks JC, wish I was closer to Texas.
cool.gif

There are a lot of piston kits out.  We have gone back to primarly the 1397.  The bigger kits are harder on head gaskest.  Even more so under a nitrous load.  We have a 1397 top end kit that makes 225hp.  This will get an average weight rider 170-185lbs to approximately 162mph in the 1/4.  

<!--EDIT|MATT_WRIGHT
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075153794 -->

Is the 1397 kit still streetable? I just pulled mine apart and I have a hole in one piston(maybe alittle too much nos
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif
). So I not going back stock but want to keep a streetable bike.
Also JC where's a good place to order my pistons and what brand do you like?

<!--EDIT|TJFAST
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075159158 -->

AAAssjani.gif

I think Johnnycheese saw one of our bikes run down there in Texas at 60". Shane is an average rider, and went 161.5mph on a little 1397 motor no nitrous. We use JE pistons, but also sell Brocks top end kits. Shane will be faster this year.

Back