big block hayabusa

mccama69

Registered
has anyone ever built a big block busa. im looking to do a pro street style busa using a suprebike mike 1464 block. it says on webite its streetable and will not run to hot? it also has offset bores to get that displacement with stock bottom end. if you add a stroker crank you can get somthing like 1622 or more. has anyone got experience with this block ? comments suggestions

I can get you 1525cc using a stock block. Superbike Mike Billet blocks take some milling to the deck to make sure they dont leak. Offset bore put too much side load on the skirts for a street bike.

1525 street bike would be insane !! I would love it !!
firedevil.gif

Stay away from Offset block...

a 1397 with a 2mm crank for alot of street riding is the way to go...

If you insist on the billet block, I would suggest the 1430.
Aftermarket rods are a must with an offest block, but not a straight up cylinder.
A billet block WILL run cooler on the street tho.

offset bores are nothing but trouble for the street. I windowed the case with two of my carrillo rods.

What does it take to build a 1525 cc motor Besides money i also would like to build one for my drag only funny car?

What horse power with these mods could i expect. How about compression ratio? also do they make turbo pistons for this setup.

ok i will stay away from big block. Im in Va, who can build a nasty stroker, valve cover to oil pan? i would like to send someone a complete core and get it back with everything done. drop in and go thanks

I have known of and seen 1464s using Muzzy's block that are still running strong after 3+ years.

Back