BFE Idaho pics

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
Unbelievable weather, great company, fantastic country....just wish I could have stayed longer.

Put 190 miles on my 4-Wheeler in 3 days.

Hows that for a view?
camptrip06011.jpg

Forest fire burning SE of Elk City..
camptrip06015.jpg

Day 2 was kind of smokey...only rode 45 miles or so that day.
camptrip06023.jpg

Got to crawl around plenty of cool, old mining properties...
camptrip06037.jpg

Which way do we go? Aw, what the heck, we'll try 'em both!
camptrip06100.jpg

All the way up into what is called the Buffalo Hump. Right at 7200' elevation. The machines were getting kind of weak up there!
camptrip06117.jpg

Lunch stop on what turned into a nearly 80 mile day. Shot is of Wildhorse lake.
camptrip06121.jpg

Each nite, we'd come back to camp and do a little shootin'. Here we are loading up the .50 BMG. That puppy makes a BIG bang!!
camptrip06137.jpg

Can't wait until next year!!

Here are a few more. I thought this was kind of a cool shot...
camptrip06041.jpg

Here are a few that show what the trails are like...two-track trails everywhere!
camptrip06032.jpg

camptrip06034.jpg

This was 10 miles of he!!. The roughest road I have ever traversed....ever. I'm bringing a kidney belt next year..
camptrip06127.jpg

Even tougher yet for my buddies on 2 wheels...
camptrip06130.jpg

tounge.gif
it isn't mine....but it was fun to shoot! Didn't kick nearly as bad as I thought it would...with the muzzle break in the front, it felt about the same as my .45-70.

Made a much bigger hole though!!

(chrisjp @ Sep. 16 2006,03:57) wow...now that does look like fun
It was! I'll have a few more cool pics to put up in a few days...soon as my bro sends 'em to me..

A couple more just for grins...

An old..(very old) air compressor...used to pump air into the mine..
camptrip06045.jpg

Old ore car.
camptrip06049.jpg

Standing on a monstrous tailings pile. The mine here had thousands of feet of underground workings. What you see below is the lower adit (horizontal tunnel)
camptrip06102.jpg

Here is that lower tunnel. Not real safe at the opening....as you can see the header has been shored up...lots of weight on it from above.
camptrip06108.jpg

Here is another adit. This one was much safer...not sure how far back it went...we forgot flashlites
crazy.gif
went in a little ways anyhow..
camptrip06104.jpg

Another photo of Wildhorse lake. Should send one of these into Honda...make a great ad. All 5 machines were Hondas, the oldest a '78. None of 'em missed a lick the whole time. And believe me, we worked 'em!!! 190 miles felt more like 300!
camptrip06126.jpg

I like that old compresser. Nice pics. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Awsome pics.

Looks like a great place to run into BIgfoot
wow.gif

Awesome... thanks for sharing.
Looks like a great time out and away from it all...

Those are some great pictures!! I do a lot of business with Ingersol Rand. Would you mind if I sent that picture of the compressor to some of the guys I deal with? They would love seeing that!

(tpbio @ Sep. 16 2006,21:04) Awsome pics.

Looks like a great place to run into BIgfoot  
wow.gif
Well with that .50 BMG they were ready for him if he stuck his head out
tounge.gif

(Shanling @ Sep. 16 2006,21:31) Those are some great pictures!! I do a lot of business with Ingersol Rand. Would you mind if I sent that picture of the compressor to some of the guys I deal with? They would love seeing that!
no problem man..in fact, I took another pic of that old compressor....
Here is the other one;

camptrip06046.jpg

Back