Beware

Ishmial

Registered
Recently I sent my ECU off to an eBay company called Team Kandy Motorsports to have a flash done. Mine is a 16 model and the flash was for an 8-15. I emailed and asked if they could do a 16 and they assured me they could. I hate trashing a company but they messed up my ECU, put a lock on it, and now they won't communicate with me. They did refund my money (65.00) immediately, so now I can't leave negative feedback, so I figured I would put it out on here. Now for a 65.00 mistake, I am out over 500.00 for a used ECU and labor to find out where the problem was. Not to mention a month of downtime in the middle of the summer. Just wanted to put this out there for anyone considering doing this, find a reputable, local person that will back their work up. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Sorry to hear you got burned. Didn't know that a 16 is different from an 08. Also didn't know that they could be locked.

Sorry to hear you got burned. Didn't know that a 16 is different from an 08. Also didn't know that they could be locked.
^^ what he said. Also, why not use one of our great sponsors for a hassle free deal?

It probably isn't locked. It most likely has been flashed with Woolich software. If this is the case you cannot connect to it with another Woolich account (and you don't have their account credentials) but you can erase it with another Woolich account. You can then reflash with the new Woolich account or simply flash with ECU editor. Keep in mind if you flash with a new Woolich account you will now have the same issue you had before, just linked to a different Woolich account.

It probably isn't locked. It most likely has been flashed with Woolich software. If this is the case you cannot connect to it with another Woolich account (and you don't have their account credentials) but you can erase it with another Woolich account. You can then reflash with the new Woolich account or simply flash with ECU editor. Keep in mind if you flash with a new Woolich account you will now have the same issue you had before, just linked to a different Woolich account.

Thank you for clearing that up, for me at least. That's what I love about this place, you lean something new almost every day.

The ecu's can be "locked" in Ecu Editor too.
If you flash the wrong country code.
It can put the ignition immobilizer into an ecu that didn't have it.
I have been told that this cannot happen...but I have seen it personally.
Strangely enough, the "locked" ecu would start another bike, just not the one it came from.
No telling what the people who flashed it did.

That seems reasonable, but I would expect it to throw a C42 FI code. You would still be able to access the ECU through ECU Editor which would simplify the fix.

Nope
Cam position sensor code
But it was fine
You could access Ecu Editor and flash away, but no changes to bike.
It was very strange
No one had an explanation

What did you do to fix it?

I have a bike right now that when in MS0 with nitrous and air shifter active it doesn't run right, cuts out and won't run past 10.5k rpms. With another ECU and the same flash it runs fine. I've erased and reflashed multiple times with the same result. It runs fine in MS1 without nitrous. I need to do some rewiring to see if it is the MS or nitrous that is causing the issue, but in the end something is off with the ECU. It has been flashed with ECU Editor, Woolich (when the issue started) and then back to ECU Editor.

I finally got frustrated and just bought a new ecu.
I still have the old one, which as said, worked fine in another bike.
Anyone need a cheap 06/08 600-750 ecu, lol.

Back