Beware of taking the motorcycle road test on your Hayabusa, it was real bad!

Man I remember that little rebel 250 for the MSF course. Straight aways I was giving it about 70-80% throttle. It took a full fiat of brake to stop with my big ass on there.

As soon I passed I got on my busa, which I had bought the week prior, and never looked back.
It struck me as kinda scary that people constantly told me I should start on something smaller. But man, I couldn't imagine being used to something like a rebel and then trying to jump on even a 600.

Man I remember that little rebel 250 for the MSF course. Straight aways I was giving it about 70-80% throttle. It took a full fiat of brake to stop with my big ass on there.

As soon I passed I got on my busa, which I had bought the week prior, and never looked back.
It struck me as kinda scary that people constantly told me I should start on something smaller. But man, I couldn't imagine being used to something like a rebel and then trying to jump on even a 600.
The opposite happens to me...I went for a ride on the Bumblebee this morning and noticed grass needed to be cut so I basically hopped off one Bumblebee to another but the 4 wheeled Bumblebee sure felt slow....

I did a refresher course on the busa and it was super easy the bike I took the course on was roadking (they trained cops) the courses are super easy once you learn the balance points use piles of rpm and clutch and only use the rear brake for tight cornering. The course is super helpful at low speed confidence/city driving which most people crash in.

I did it on a Honda CB600F and it was OK. Later I went to the same lot on my GSX-S1000 and it was somewhat harder despite the riding experience. Mostly because the steering angle, that bike is built like a GSX-R. I imagine it would be real tough on a Hayabusa.

Where I live, Hungary, you can only take the test on at least 500cc bikes.

I took the Wisconsin test on my ZX-14. I passed but I know it was not 100%. I had been riding the bike for a year before I actually got the license. Guess it's a good thing I didn't get stopped by the cops until after I got the MC endorsement.

LOL I remember it was raining so bad they almost cancelled the test.

I just did a u-turn on a narrow two-lane road. The vague feel of the busa clutch friction point is difficult for me. I am unsure if I needed it in hindsight but I tapped the road twice with my inside foot. The VFR has a much better feel and early on I became pretty confident with that bike, doing such u-eys fairly easily,

Cant remember what bike I was on when I got my bike licence but about 40 years ago in a small town Outside the police station the officer said just do a figure 8 outside which I did no problems got my license on the spot Probably a lot different now lol :thumbsup:
Almost same thing happened to me. I borrowed a Honda 750/4 and rode it to the DMV.
Lady said do 2 figure 8's in the parking lot - kinda of a small lot, but not a lot of cars there at the time.
Did them and got my License. I didn't own a bike at that time - but needed the license to go and test ride
bikes at dealerships.

I taught riding courses for a while and some of the people who showed up had no business even sitting on a motorcycle...

One lady in her late '40s showed up and honestly she was not teachable....I even had an instructor basically teaching only her and the instructor was losing her mind...

At lunch time on day 2, her husband and I had a chat, I told as much as we wanted her to be able to pass, there was no way I could pass her in good conscious because she was just not cut out to ride a motorcycle. I told him that if he himself can get her to know and understand the basics on his own, she could come back and re-take the course free of charge. He said he tried, that's why she was on the course...he had hoped we could teach her....the sad part is he had already bought her an 883 Sportster...

On other courses I taught sometimes there'd be a smartarse in the course who said even us instructors can't do the course, so me being me, I jumped on my 1200 Bandit and ran through the course we had set up at mach speed which shut them up....I actually saw them try harder after that so at the start of each serial of the course, I'd rip through it on my Bandit first just to show them it could be done.
My class was at the college and the instructors were just as awesome. Super helpful and allowed you to recycle if you weren't comfortable the first time. One instructor rode through each course/obstacle on one of the test bikes, and then the other instructor did the entire final course on his Triumph Rocket III :shocked:blew our minds watching that tractor engine float with ease.

Back