Beware of seller online

BUSABUSA13

Registered
Wow, today went to purchase an item on this site in the parts section and used paypal to pay for it and then find out the item has been sold after getting an email from seller to pay with paypal and all of a sudden my c.card been used but not sucessfully to make odd purchases

Not saying that the seller had something to do with it but lucky me that the credit card company cancel my card quickly. FROM NOW ON IT'S BUY IN PERSON OR JUST DEAL WITH THE MOTOCYCLE SHOPS

What's PP have to do with your CC? I'd be looking at other reason's your CC might of gotten into the wrong hands. Last I checked PP is paid via Email Addy's.

Wow, today went to purchase an item on this site in the parts section and used paypal to pay for it and then find out the item has been sold after getting an email from seller to pay with paypal and all of a sudden my c.card been used but not sucessfully to make odd purchases

Your not talking about me are you? You sent me payment for pads but i refunded right away. I have no way of getting your credit card info?

It was just a situation that happened to me yesterday so I just wanted to give you guys some information on what happen to me, that's all....GOD BLESS

Thank you for the heads up. Just a few things to all members to keep in mind. The oRg does not always know what is in the classifieds. How long a listing has been there, or if it has been sold. It is up to the user to pull an ad, or shoot me a pm and I will pull it, mark it Sold, etc. Also, before you purchase from anyone, contact them first and see if they still have the item. If so, you can proceed with the transaction. There have been a few members burnt in the past, we do our best to help police the classifieds but we cant catch them all. We also do our best to shut down anyone running a personal business in the classifieds, as the classifieds are for members selling Personal items.
Sponsors have a separate place to sell things. Buy with confidence from our sponsors, they have been checked out and went through the process to get approved to be here. If anything seems out of place or not right, report the post.
All I ask is we keep the banter out of a for sale ad, we can yak it up in Random Thoughts and other places, but the classified threads need to remain clean unless you are making an offer on the item or asking for more information, pictures, etc.

a couple of months ago my paypal account was hacked and (thieves) they had a blast with my card that was stored on file within the account. i don't use paypal much anymore for that reason and if i do, i just purchase and go back in and wipe out the card information.

Thanks for the information, next time Sponsors is the way to go for me or in person deals but I am glad my credit card company called me about the fraud within hours or sooner to let me know what was going on.

Back