Beware of MPS

oldsmoker1

Registered
I installed a CO2 air shift kit from Motorcycle Performance Specialties about a year ago, it works great, but the last time I went to have the bottle filled, they said it was out of date, and they wouldn't fill it. There is a date code on the bottle, and it is good for five years, I have only had the system for a year, they shipped a brand new system to me with four of the five years already gone. I have called them twice, and they refuse to do a thing about it. Talk about a rip off. I will post this info everywhere I can, and maybe I can save someone else from this hassle.

Good to know that we should check the dates on the bottle . Can you get the bottle checked again ? We do it with scuba tanks they should be able to do a safety check on other bottles

That's why I'm Running the mps air shifter setup thatway just touch button to turn compressor on to fill bottle up when low.

Some fire stations or fire extinguisher service places will hydrostatic test the bottle to extend the service life and put a new date on it. I don't think it is very expensive to do so...maybe $5~15. Only takes a few minutes to do if they are not busy.

Cool vid on how hydrotesting is done:

That is odd, since MPS is one of the best about customer support!

But as mentioned, the bottles are cheap to replace..........

Me Too! I Love my MPS shifter with the air compressor. Had it eight years and haven't had a problem yet....:please:

Always good luck with MPS.... other than they had to do a "recall" on their air shifter harness... but that was a number of years ago... (Thanks Greg!)

Back