Beware of hahn turbo's!!

dolilind

Registered
For the last few weeks ive been helping rebuild a 07 turbo busa running a Hahn kit. Turbo turbo needs a little work maybe new seals or something along them lines. Now Hahn has no tech line, no sales line, no nothing other than a email address. Also to get any information you need a lot of information that i dont have. You need the original purchaser's name address and a copy of the invoice or receipt. Hahn also is using a modified Mitsu turbos that according to the Turbo shop TDI in Indianapolis. TDI cannot even get parts to repair this and their contact at Mitsubishi turbos cannot provide the correct part, since Hahn removed all Id marks and modified the turbo. What the hell? You spend 4 grand plus on a turbo system that has been nothing but problems when it was new and now you can even get any info or repaired.
This is the last time i will ever take on a project thats running anything by HAHN!!!

Sorry for your pain. Hahn does have a sales line, a parts line, and will give advice. You can get replacement parts from springs to fuel regulators. Look to their web site.

For the last few weeks ive been helping rebuild a 07 turbo busa running a Hahn kit. Turbo turbo needs a little work maybe new seals or something along them lines. Now Hahn has no tech line, no sales line, no nothing other than a email address. Also to get any information you need a lot of information that i dont have. You need the original purchaser's name address and a copy of the invoice or receipt. Hahn also is using a modified Mitsu turbos that according to the Turbo shop TDI in Indianapolis. TDI cannot even get parts to repair this and their contact at Mitsubishi turbos cannot provide the correct part, since Hahn removed all Id marks and modified the turbo. What the hell? You spend 4 grand plus on a turbo system that has been nothing but problems when it was new and now you can even get any info or repaired.
This is the last time i will ever take on a project thats running anything by HAHN!!!

Hahn Stage One turbo kits use a Mitsubishi Super 16G - TD05/05. If you want to communicate directly with them, you unfortunately have to send them an email, since they do not have the man power to entertain any type of tech line. sales@turbosystem.com or tech@turbosystem.com - they will respond to you.

If you have any questions about the install or the turbo itself, post them. I am sure you will get a lot of help right here on this board. Since there are many other things that can cause oil leaks out of the air filter, or even out of the exhaust pipe itself, I would rule those out before I rebuilt the turbo unit itself . . . and although the kit is pretty basic, it happens to be a good Stage One - they make good power and spool up quick.

I have been a Hahn dealer for many years and will be happy to help you if I can. I also sell and install RCC, Velocity and the occasional Mr. Turbo.:beerchug:

After a afternoon of chasing emails plus phone calls to all Hahns lines plus tryn to find all the info on this turbo to prove that this is a Hahn so they will even talk to me, i give up. I ended up finding that Orient Express sells the system and can do the repairs. So tomorrow im off the the Turbo shop in Indy to pick it up and ship it off. Ive double and tripple checked everything that could be the problem up it all checks out so its got to be in the turbo.
It just really messed up that a company will not help out at all or even give you advice on where to send a turbo for repairs until you prove its theirs.
I know anything i have called Rcc or Velocity everyone is happy to help in anyway.

i love my hahn kit, makes great power and very easy to install and use, why dont you do like powerhouse said and give him a call he was very helpful to me when i ordered parts for my hahn kit

Hahn Stage One turbo kits use a Mitsubishi Super 16G - TD05/05. If you want to communicate directly with them, you unfortunately have to send them an email, since they do not have the man power to entertain any type of tech line. sales@turbosystem.com or tech@turbosystem.com - they will respond to you.

If you have any questions about the install or the turbo itself, post them. I am sure you will get a lot of help right here on this board. Since there are many other things that can cause oil leaks out of the air filter, or even out of the exhaust pipe itself, I would rule those out before I rebuilt the turbo unit itself . . . and although the kit is pretty basic, it happens to be a good Stage One - they make good power and spool up quick.

I have been a Hahn dealer for many years and will be happy to help you if I can. I also sell and install RCC, Velocity and the occasional Mr. Turbo.:beerchug:

PM sent. Please Help

instead of rebuilding the turbo, buy a 20g to replace that 16 thats what i did, it does not have to be a mitsubishi turbo, buy a garrett go new , not worth the headache of rebuilding the turbo.

Back