BEWARE FosterRad - Laser Exhaust I got screwed!

mdfdbusa

Registered
I just had a horrible experience and wanted to warn you folks. I understand your experience may vary, but this has just been mine. Best of luck!

Just wanted to warn you folks - Robert Foster of FosterRad who sells the Laser exhaust, FRK power module, and a few other stuff has screwed me. They do not keep their word and promises! Please pass this along to your friends so they won't get screwed too...

OK, so I deal with alot of vendors and dealers for all sorts of parts and stuff. I also write product reviews and try to be fair and judicious with my reviews. I want to post this to serve as a warning so no one else gets screwed like I did...

I ordered a set of Laser Xtreme exhausts back on July '09, same day as when I bought my B-King. At the time I contacted Dr. Robert Foster, one of the owners of FosterRad who sells Laser exhausts. At that time I talked to Dr. Foster about the Laser Xtreme exhaust for the B-King. He told me he had 3 systems being shipped to him and mine would be part of that 3. He indicated it was enroute and would be two weeks to get it. I made a deal with him to order the exhaust. I went a step further and connected him to a dealer who would potentially be interested in being a distributor, carrying the line of Laser exhausts for him/FosterRad. As an exercise to ensure the logistics were proven out, we agreed that I would order from my dealer who would in turn order direct from FosterRad. When I asked Dr. Foster if he would rather I order directly from him, he indicated that it would be fine to order thru my dealer.

Well, the 2 weeks went by and I hear nothing. I contacted my dealer who indicated that they had already placed the order and given their credit card info to FosterRad. They encouraged me to keep in close contact with FosterRad, as well as themselves.

7/23/09: placed order and paid $658.58

8/4/09: I called FosterRad and left a message. I heard nothing back. I sent an email to make sure everything was set and inquiring as to status of my order and heard nothing back.

8/11/09: 2 weeks have come and passed. I called FosterRad and got Denice, Dr. Foster's secretary who told me Dr. Foster was unavailable. After explaining that I just wanted to make sure my order was placed, she directs me to Dr. Foster. He indicated that everything was ok and it will be just another couple of days or so...they would call me back next day to confirm..

8/12/09: I hear nothing back from FosterRad. I figure they were busy and give them a couple of days..

8/14/09: I call FosterRad and speak with Dr. Foster. He tells me he is speaking with Laser exhaust and they will receive shipment in another 2 weeks max and that I will get mine definitely by 9/15/09. They told me they will call me in a couple of days.

8/17/09: I call FosterRad to see if everything was in order. They say yes and they will call me in a few days.

8/24/09: I hear nothing so I call and insist on talking to Dr. Foster. I explain to him that I have been waiting on this exhaust to do a product review and have been working hard to possibly line up a spot on a publication to review his product. The window has closed several times and my promises and credibility is suffering. He says he understands and will make it right to me. Offers to hook me up on their new FRK Power module. I say whatever, I just need the exhaust as promised and that I have already paid since July. He says he will make it right and says he will call Laser right away.
10 minutes later Dr. Foster calls me back and says the exhaust should be to me no later than 9/15/09. He says he will call back in a couple of days.

9/10/09: I hear nothing from them so I send email inquiry, summarizing what we last talked about. I hear nothing back...

9/15/09: deadine is here, I have received nothing. I call FosterRad and leave message. I hear nothing back.

9/21/09: I call and get John at FosterRad. He says he is aware of my situation and it should arrive in a couple of weeks. He will call me back.

nothing....

10/1/09: I get a call back from John. He is nervous and says he will connect me to Dr. Foster. Dr. Foster gets on and has a big attitude. He tells me that this is a highly sought after exhaust and that he is doing me a favor by letting me buy this. He says it's no big deal to him as he can turn around and sell it to the next customer quickly. He asks me if I still want the exhaust. I said yes, just please give me a firm credible date as to when I can really get it. He dodges the question and says well the euro has gone up and you now need to pay $764.93.
I said but I already paid the agreed to price back in July. He says he has no record of payment and tells me if I want it that's how much I need to pay, stating that people all over the world have a high demand for this exhaust and that it would be sold to the next person easily.
I figured I waited this long, fine. I agreed to the new price and said that I was not happy with this. I stated that if he could understand my "heartburn" over the matter of getting bogus dates and being strung along this long, not getting any response to my inquiries and that I had to basically hound them thru the last several months just to get an answer. He interrupts me and says he is a "doctor" and there is no "heartburn" as this is business, trying to be a smartazz. I said ok, do the deal but I will definitely make this experience known. He says, if that's the case then you get no exhaust and we have no deal. I say I will just relay the experience as it happened as that is the truth. He says you have nothing to prove it and hangs up on me...

So here I am on 10/1/09, after having placed my order 7/23/09 and paid for it. I am currently scrambling to try and get my money back on my credit card...

Be warned, FosterRad is a scam! I posted some inquiries on a few other forums and guess what? Apparently there has been numerous instances similar to this on other forums/bike circles...

Dude that sucks.

Sorry about that bro,

I pray you get ur money back, and that someone comes down on him hard. What goes around comes around.:rulez:

10/1/09: I get a call back from John. He is nervous and says he will connect me to Dr. Foster. Dr. Foster gets on and has a big attitude. He tells me that this is a highly sought after exhaust and that he is doing me a favor by letting me buy this. He says it's no big deal to him as he can turn around and sell it to the next customer quickly. He asks me if I still want the exhaust. I said yes, just please give me a firm credible date as to when I can really get it. He dodges the question and says well the euro has gone up and you now need to pay $764.93.
I said but I already paid the agreed to price back in July. He says he has no record of payment and tells me if I want it that's how much I need to pay, stating that people all over the world have a high demand for this exhaust and that it would be sold to the next person easily.
I figured I waited this long, fine. I agreed to the new price and said that I was not happy with this.
I stated that if he could understand my "heartburn" over the matter of getting bogus dates and being strung along this long, not getting any response to my inquiries and that I had to basically hound them thru the last several months just to get an answer. He interrupts me and says he is a "doctor" and there is no "heartburn" as this is business, trying to be a smartazz. I said ok, do the deal but I will definitely make this experience known. He says, if that's the case then you get no exhaust and we have no deal. I say I will just relay the experience as it happened as that is the truth. He says you have nothing to prove it and hangs up on me...

So here I am on 10/1/09, after having placed my order 7/23/09 and paid for it. I am currently scrambling to try and get my money back on my credit card...

Be warned, FosterRad is a scam! I posted some inquiries on a few other forums and guess what? Apparently there has been numerous instances similar to this on other forums/bike circles...

Well this shid would drive me up the friggin wall. 1st off I have no idea who or what this exhaust is. I have never heard of it.

But the part I highlighted above in your post is where you screwed up. No offense my man.....but when you had been getting the run around & ignored for the past 3 months w/ BS delivery dates is where you should have called it quits and canceled your order. But you chose to give him more $ :banghead:
I tell you what! If that A-hole has the nerve to hang up on you and still charge your card for a 2nd time! Whoo boy! It'd take a lot to calm me down :newburn:

I'm sorry for your experience. It pisses ME off just reading it! Your CC Co. should be able to help you out w/ all the documentation you have.
Next time...look into the board sponsors here 1st.

Good luck!

Last edited:
It sucks for sure, like I told you at the B-king site, keep all these post and send them to them, loosing customer after customer just by screwing over one, keep spreading the word and the bastards like this one will sink in a tough economy

thanx guys - I really appreciate the support.

Takeuon - just to clarify, that was the new price ($764.93) not in addition to what I already paid ($658.58). I agreed to pay him the difference since I had already waited so long and the exhaust itself is very exclusive. But the whole thing blew up so I never paid the incremental, just stuck trying to recoup the original amount of $658.58...

Taylor - thanx for the advice. I actually sent all the links to Laser's corporate headquarters in the Netherlands...

Robert Foster claims to be the sole distributor for Laser, yet when I asked him about Starcycle carrying the Laser line, he badmouthed them and told me that they will be going out of business soon....whatever, I don't believe anything he says anymore....

That is just another warning right there, I will never buy from someone who badmouths another business publicly.

Sorry to hear of you r problems, hope it works out

Just an FYI, Starcycle has been in business for years, and i talk to them often, they are not going any where!

Also use a sponsor next time, sometimes it's really not worth save a a few bucks!

Last edited:
Sorry for your experience..We have been a Laser dealer for years through the main us distributor where we buy our brake kits through and FosterRed isn't the direct distributor..let us know if we can help once you get your refund..

thanx guys - I really appreciate the support.

Takeuon - just to clarify, that was the new price ($764.93) not in addition to what I already paid ($658.58). I agreed to pay him the difference since I had already waited so long and the exhaust itself is very exclusive. But the whole thing blew up so I never paid the incremental, just stuck trying to recoup the original amount of $658.58...

Taylor - thanx for the advice. I actually sent all the links to Laser's corporate headquarters in the Netherlands...

Robert Foster claims to be the sole distributor for Laser, yet when I asked him about Starcycle carrying the Laser line, he badmouthed them and told me that they will be going out of business soon....whatever, I don't believe anything he says anymore....

well getting your money back should be easy most credit cards will go after the person who billed you if you have not received any goods. I would throw and services but I can't see where there was any service provided here. Stick with the sponsors here :beerchug:

thank you to everyone for your support so far. I encourage those who have been treated badly by FosterRad to come out and voice yourself. Here is why:

I sent an email message to Laser Headquarters in the Netherlands regarding FosterRad and my horrible experience. I included many links to the various forums I posted this ordeal in. I was surprised at the number of folks who responded with support because they had similar bad experiences with FosterRad! I am hoping Laser HQ will read and see not only my story but theirs also.

Here is the response I got from Laser HQ:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

We take this matter really serious and will come back on this matter beginning of next week.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Mariëtte Moret
e-mail : mmoret@laserexhausts.com
Tel. +31 (0) 186-646440
Fax +31 (0) 186-646400

Laser Deeptone Exhaust Systems
Jama Laboraties Exhaust Technology Center
Dual Sound Technology Website

You know, every so often one of these guys messes with the wrong fella. I suspect this is going to be one of those times. Go get 'em. :thumbsup:

thanx guys

Goldenchild - pm sent for quote on price and availability on the Laser Xtreme for my B-King!:bowdown:
I have dealt with Daniel on a few items... :thumbsup:

He does not toot his own horn too often but should.. :cheerleader:

Your doing good with the way you are progressing. The credit card company will most likley back you up and you may have to file an affidavit of fraud with them. Leagally you are only responsible for $50 but most CC companies will wave that. The better business beureau does little after the fact, it is usually better to check with them ahead of a purchase to see how many complaints a company has.

I think you will be fine but let us know how it goes...

You know, every so often one of these guys messes with the wrong fella. I suspect this is going to be one of those times. Go get 'em. :thumbsup:

it's interesting b/c when I told him I would relay my experience to anyone and everyone who would listen, he threatened me with a lawsuit. He went so far as to say our conversation was being recorded and that his lawyers would be talking to me. I said that would be great and asked if his lawyers could bring a copy of the recording for me to include with my postings. I told him I had nothing to fear b/c I was the one telling the truth and did nothing wrong...His true colors really showed...

Back