Better rear turn signal visibility?

Jynx05LE

Registered
I have the Mototeck undertail with the 48LED option on the running/brake lights, however the only thing lacking on this wonderful undertail is that the turn signals are hard to see. really only a problem if someone is trying to follow, but still want to do something for better visibility.

Anything out there that is SUPER clean, amber in color to match what I have, and reasonably priced?

Here is how the undertail looks right now (pic with the hazzards on):

I am kind of thinking that some small triangular LEDs could be mounted next to the brake lights...and if they worked well enough I could mod the turn signals underneath to red LED's tied to the brake for even more blinding brake lights. :whistle:

Check this out:

This is what I did on my older style Mototeck undertail. My signals are located in a different spot than yours, but you may be able to retrofit if you can't come up with something better.

Found them at JP Cycles Click Here

I'm sure you can see a difference in the cheesy LED signals shown side by side with these:

th_VCLP0044.jpg

The wiring is the same. I kept the little ones up by the tail lights, but you really can't see them. And with these signals, I didn't need the load equalizer or special flasher.

Here's something you can do to help too:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/elec...-undertails.html?highlight=truck+stop+trailer <--- Scroll down to post 3 where I talk about using the relays. There's a couple links there to my turn signal integrator idea.

Good luck.

Last edited:
If it were mine i'd drill a symmetrical pattern of 5mm holes on the side of the running/brake lights in that kinda triangular area.... toss some LEDs in there, solder up the circuit & wire it in
Posted via Mobile Device

Back