Better drag coefficient gen1 or gen2 ?

kml

Donating Member
Registered
Anybody know? No real reason i want to know, just curiosity.

cheers
ken

The Gen 1 coefficient was .468, not sure of the Gen 2 (seems elusive). However I found one write up which states the Gen 2 fairing is sleeker than Gen 1 so it must be lower.

I've seen other similar write ups but this one was handy.

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa model history

"The Hayabusa received its first major redesign in 2008. While it had a new look, it was still an evolution of the original bike under the new skin. The engine received a great deal of internal work to comply with tightening Euro 3 emission standards, and the new exhaust incorporated a catalytic converter for the first time. Displacement increased to 1,340 cc, and horsepower was up to 194. The brakes, clutch, and steering also received upgrades. In some countries, Suzuki dropped the GSX-1300R designation and simply called the model the Hayabusa, which makes a certain amount of sense considering how different the 'Busa was from the rest of the GSX line.

The 2008 Hayabusa has a thoroughly updated engine for more power and an improved power-to-weight ratio, delivering an even greater rush of acceleration. Refined chassis and suspension. New fairing for sleeker aerodynamics."

Back