Better brakes or better shifting?

Better brakes or better shifting?

• Definitely stainless steel brake lines

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • That Factory Pro Shift Star rocks

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Get off your lazy @zz and get your Corbin bags painted and mounted

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Naw, save your money. The economy sucks.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

AJAY

Registered
Starting to run out of things I think are "must do's" to this bike, and now just getting to the make it even better stage.

So what should it be for July's project, stainless steel brake lines (like Galfer) or a FactoryPro Shift Star kit?
gsx1300 r,hayabusa, suzuki, carb, tuning, factory pro, carburetor, shift, ignition

Vote early and often!

galfer-front-brake-lines.jpg

factory pro shift star.jpg

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steel braided brake lines

love my shift kit (you wont need the arm, just the spring and cam)

I think I noticed more difference in the shifting than the brake lines and pads..

I did notice the most difference in brakes when I went to the EBC HH Extreme pads over the lines and the HH pads alone.. Not sure I would want the Extreme pads on stock lines.. they require pretty good lever control when leaning on them at all

I'm pleased with my Gen II stock front brake, but what's up with the rear, I have to almost stand up on the rear brake before anything happens?

now that bogus mentions it. i did ebc hh pads at the same time as my steel braided brake lines. so my perspective on the lines alone is not really useful. but do both, for you are getting it's a lot of bang for your buck

Defintely the brake lines,its worth it.Not that expensive and it will save your life at times:thumbsup:

The lines. I don't even own the damn bike and I can tell you that. (Because it's pretty much universal.) :laugh:

What's more important? Stopping or getting there faster/smoother to stop? Almost a no brainier. :cheerleader:

I think I noticed more difference in the shifting than the brake lines and pads..

I did notice the most difference in brakes when I went to the EBC HH Extreme pads over the lines and the HH pads alone.. Not sure I would want the Extreme pads on stock lines.. they require pretty good lever control when leaning on them at all

Gotta go with Mr. B on this one. Although stopping is important, and I'm sure with a stock set up you are getting some kind of brake response, the shift kit is a must have to protect the ever weak 1st-2nd gear upshift. Dollar for dollar, you can restrain your driving habits for another month or so for the lines, etc. The shift kit should be an immediate factory upgrade, as many problems as there are in this area. Kudo's Randy!! :bowdown: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Brakes for me. I don't dragrace and since about 2000 miles i've never had any problems shifting (never missed a 1-2 shift the whole time I've owned the bike). Fancy shifting isn't needed on backroad twisties, but good brakes sometimes are.:thumbsup:

+1 for this.
The lines didn't increase much of anything for me (I'm still glad I have them) with the stock pads.
The shifting operation was greatly increased and has a preventative function of saving tranny problems down the road.
That could be big $.

Last edited:
I put SS brake lines on everything I own and do so shortly after buying the vehicle. I had galfer SS lines f+r on my bike before i put any miles on it.

Starting to run out of things I think are "must do's" to this bike, and now just getting to the make it even better stage.

stainless steel brake lines (like Galfer)

Ajay, your poll is overwhelmingly slanted in one direction. :laugh: I stock the Gen-I & Gen-II line kits for your bike. Have in a couple days if you need them.

Gen I Busa is D223 part no - Buy Now is here if you need them.

Want to make it interesting - get colored ones. No additional charge, just takes a wee longer as they have to make them for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colored ends are a couple extra bucks but sure look cool!

And I sent a set of these out a couple days ago. Busa they are going on is all chromed out and this is Galfer's answer to the chrome-busa. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamb voted brake lines, but is very intrigued about the shift kit...........hmmmm

Back