best way to elimate one of my exhaust pipes??

2006 Busa

Registered
I've waited years to get my Busa, and now i love it more then I thought i ever would, but i'm finding conflicting answers to some of my questions.... What i would like to know first is, the best way to elimanate one of my exhaust pipes?? If anyone out there has some advice from personal experance anything you know would be very helpful. Thnx alot:thumbsup:

Welcome to the board!

The only way to do it correctly would be to install an aftermarket 4-1 exhaust system.

:welcome: +1 on what the Professor said. HMF 4-2-1 Single Highmount here.

IMG_1734.jpg

Hit couple of sponsors on this board for best 4-2-1 exhaust deals and then go from there. By the way, :welcome: to the dark side.

Since we've got the high, have to also post up the low.

HMF 4 in 1 low mount. :cheerleader:

Full systems are more pricey than slip ons of course, plus some full systems (like mine) require the use of a Power Commander. All the emissions stuff has gone bye-bye also, pair valve, etc when you go this route.

displayimage.php

:thumbsup: thnx everyone for giveing me your imput, and for the great welcome!! I was hopeing to do something cheap, but that dosen't sound like that'll happen LOL what would be the best system for the busa?

Since we've got the high, have to also post up the low.

HMF 4 in 1 low mount. :cheerleader:

Full systems are more pricey than slip ons of course, plus some full systems (like mine) require the use of a Power Commander. All the emissions stuff has gone bye-bye also, pair valve, etc when you go this route.

displayimage.php

To the OP: Welcome to the Addiction!!!:welcome:

Pashnit I love that photo!!!:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: thnx everyone for giveing me your imput, and for the great welcome!! I was hopeing to do something cheap, but that dosen't sound like that'll happen LOL what would be the best system for the busa?

I'm partial the the HMF High Mount myself. The low mount like Pashnit's will flow a little better because of the shorter straighter midpipe. You'll get as many answers to that question as there are members. :laugh:

A complete Yoshimura system can be had for around $500....not bad for a total exhaust overhaul. Check with our sponsors first, then worst case scenario, eBay.

maybe just me but i like the busa with twin pipes, i think it keeps a balanced look to the bike , the styleing of the busa to me doesnt accomidate the single pipe !

o well to each his own!

Here's an option i have sold this setup to a few of my customers that wanted some sound and a little performance but didn't have lots of cash..

Picture 358.jpg

Picture 359.jpg

Picture 360.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

4-2-1 Yoshi is my preference, but everyone here is gonna have their own fav... There's not gonna be a best choice so to speak as it all depends on your preference in look, sound and performance...

:welcome: to the .org!

:beerchug:

Muzzy!!! Lighter, better sound, more performance. Original cans sound like a blender is goin down the road...:laugh:

DSCN3791.jpg

DSCN3778.jpg

The only thing I wonder about 4-2-1 systems is if you are reducing the efficiency of the entire
system (horsepower) by cutting in half the flow area of the exhaust.?

The only thing I wonder about 4-2-1 systems is if you are reducing the efficiency of the entire
system (horsepower) by cutting in half the flow area of the exhaust.?

On a stock motor, you can get more HP out of a good 4-2-1 than a good set of duels, plus you are reducing the weight more. Once you start doing engine work or adding powerer adders, the duels have an advantage.

Back