best way to 200+ rwp on stock 03 bus

ctmyers

Registered
i have a pretty much stock 2003 gen 1, has a pc3, and a full voodoo exhaust, looking to mod it this winter, to up the horsepower to 200+, what is my best bet? not too concerned with $, do i send the head to carpenter, or do i get an 1441 kit from ape? any info is much appreciated,
here`s a pic as it stand now

securedownload.jpg

Money no object? Turbo. The 1441 kit is what I did..... kinda wish I just turbo'd

The building it LOL. Its a tedious task. Missing a bolt that you think is worthless? Oh, that little thing will cost you $8. Then you have to put it all together, degree the cams, or pay someone else to do it. I'd be riding right now if it weren't for building the engine

Where are you located? If your on the east coast there is several shops including Powerhouse which is a sponsor on this forum that can install and tune a RCC stage 1 turbo kit for you which will put you over 200HP no problem. Your gonna have to get rid of those bling voodoo exhausts tho :whistle:

Where are you located? If your on the east coast there is several shops including Powerhouse which is a sponsor on this forum that can install and tune a RCC stage 1 turbo kit for you which will put you over 200HP no problem. Your gonna have to get rid of those bling voodoo exhausts tho :whistle:

i`m in maryland, i was thinking of the rcc stage 1, what exhaust do you recommend?

Exhaust?? If your going turbo the only exhaust you'll be needing is a set of dump pipes :whistle:

I can do you a motor, nitrous or a turbo kit setup. Setup and cost depends on usage and how much maintenance you want to do..

It seems that some shops prefer a big bore kit....the theory of no replacement for displacement...I have a stage 1 rcc and I am very glad I bought it. You can do a fair amount of work yourself....not very hard provided you have the time, patience and tools...take it to a shop for the safe afr tune...when the turbo kicks in it pulls and you are probably over the speed limit...at the track there are so many less things to worry about at high speed. If you do head work / cams...some internal beefing up and choose nos / turbo...other... come summer you will be on a whole new machine. Read up...pm people...and pick your poison..it can get expensive with all the little expenses...a few more hundred here and there seems to happen every time you buy another box of parts to keep it going

Quick and cheap NOS. There's a pistons and cam mod that takes a Gen I up to around 205 RWHP.

thanks, powerhouse is not that far from me, and i saw they are a sponsor on here, anybody have experience with them? i see they are an rcc authorized dealer, and installer

Any and everybody on here who has dealt with Frank (Powerhouse) had nothing but good and positive things to say about him and his company that I've seen posted on here.

bro it is completely up to you which way to go. you can do an engine build like (1363,1397). you can do a turbo hell you can do spray or any combo of things. what is it that you really want. there is someone on this forum that has done everything imaginable to there bikes and will try to get you to see things there way. depending on how you ride and what you like is going to help out in your build. just my two cents. have fun on your build.

200hp !! .................any good 1441 CC will pump out 205 -210 rwhp

but if i had a mild turbo i would be mighty dissapointed if it didn't make 220-230 hp - to be brutally honest.

Back