best turbo for an 08?

IRDEATH

Registered
I have already installed nitrous on my 08 and I also would like to have a turbo as well. I want to know what is a good brand of turbo to purchase? i would like to keep a whole kit under $4000.00. I did the nitrous install myself so im sure i can install the turbo but from reading other posts i know that an expert tune is required. I would like to have a turbo that will be safe on a stock motor. i understand a few engine upgrades are critical. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I will be in Iraq from mid july to april-mayish time frame and I want to have all of the parts waiting for me when i get home!!

you can beat the headaches and buy mine.
Picture167.jpg

email me at gixxer272@comcast.net if interested

I have already installed nitrous on my 08 and I also would like to have a turbo as well. I want to know what is a good brand of turbo to purchase? i would like to keep a whole kit under $4000.00. I did the nitrous install myself so im sure i can install the turbo but from reading other posts i know that an expert tune is required. I would like to have a turbo that will be safe on a stock motor. i understand a few engine upgrades are critical. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I will be in Iraq from mid july to april-mayish time frame and I want to have all of the parts waiting for me when i get home!!

your not going to run into many headaches putting on a stage 1 system....its fairly simple. I would suggest you go with RCC turbos out of Canada. I believe he makes the best manufactured kits that you can purchase. Richard has great Tech support, kits come with a warranty and there are TONS of them on the road in real world riding environments. I actually have one myself. I think it is $4400 new...you can simply follow the instructions and install it in a day....then take it over to a tuner and have a "GOOD" turbo tuner tune it to 11:8 AF ratio. If you leave the motor stock then 4lb is all you will need to use due to the titanium valves your bike has. If you have the valves replaced with stainless steel "recommended" then you can set it at 8lb or 275lb give or take. Anything 275-300Hp+ i would recommend rods and other internal modifications

your not going to run into many headaches putting on a stage 1 system....its fairly simple. I would suggest you go with RCC turbos out of Canada. I believe he makes the best manufactured kits that you can purchase. Richard has great Tech support, kits come with a warranty and there are TONS of them on the road in real world riding environments. I actually have one myself. I think it is $4400 new...you can simply follow the instructions and install it in a day....then take it over to a tuner and have a "GOOD" turbo tuner tune it to 11:8 AF ratio. If you leave the motor stock then 4lb is all you will need to use due to the titanium valves your bike has. If you have the valves replaced with stainless steel "recommended" then you can set it at 8lb or 275lb give or take. Anything 275-300Hp+ i would recommend rods and other internal modifications

Thats what I did. I put Ferrera stainless valves,carpenter HD springs, ape studs and nuts, dual intake cams, adjustable sprockets, ported the head but I did touch the bottom end. My buddy ran 330hp all year racing it hard and had no problems but like he said I am staying at the 300hp range. Good luck:thumbsup:

Thats what I did. I put Ferrera stainless valves,carpenter HD springs, ape studs and nuts, dual intake cams, adjustable sprockets, ported the head but I did touch the bottom end. My buddy ran 330hp all year racing it hard and had no problems but like he said I am staying at the 300hp range. Good luck:thumbsup:

thats a great setup and bike....its hard to find bikes that have quality motor components and still look really good

on an 08, no spacer? not bad, minor work for what youre getting:beerchug:

Back