hello all again

I want to get new tires and sprockets for my busa. What do you guys recommend

No racing just street riding.

I have a 14 busa

hello all again

I want to get new tires and sprockets for my busa. What do you guys recommend

No racing just street riding.

I have a 14 busa
The answer to this is long and controversial to say the least....check out the search feature is my best answer.

Many here like Michelin PR5s. I like Bridgestone S21R or S22R and have gone to Supersporx steel sprockets

The answer to this is long and controversial to say the least....check out the search feature is my best answer.

Many here like Michelin PR5s. I like Bridgestone S21R or S22R and have gone to Supersporx steel sprockets
I think the S22 are unavailable can’t get them

If you don’t do much hard riding or canyon carving with crazy lean angles I’d recommend you go with a sports touring tire, Dunlop roadsmart 2 can be had pretty cheap a front is about $70 and a tear is $98 or so. From there you could look at pilot road 2 or 3, pirelli angel gt, Bridgestone t31, etc for additional mileage than a true sport tire

If you don’t do much hard riding or canyon carving with crazy lean angles I’d recommend you go with a sports touring tire, Dunlop roadsmart 2 can be had pretty cheap a front is about $70 and a tear is $98 or so. From there you could look at pilot road 2 or 3, pirelli angel gt, Bridgestone t31, etc for additional mileage than a true sport tire
I don’t just cruising

PR5s for tires.

Renthal and Superlite for sprockets.

EK chains.
Big difference?

B5DEC2E3-25D6-4617-91DB-BF776D10D99A.png

F908F65F-BB8C-47DE-9EEF-7F4AA9A430F5.png

@Jgarcia6988

:popcorn: & drinks - theme :lol:

i´m fine with "michelin pilot power 3" at all roads (never! on race tracks)

next i will test will be their road5

and i am usually one of the faster drivers - not the fastes but at normal roads around 1 or 2 "places" behind. :D ;)

as chains i recommend always the DID ZVM-X + a automatic chain oiler
DID´s "zzz" is not necessary - not even at a turbo gen1 with ~380-400 hp, like a good friend has.
and he goes with it over 340 km/h on our highways (autobahn)

Last edited:
I came from the track on 1000s so I used the same tires I was used too. Problem is that they wear out faster and loose their profile due the the heavy nature of the Busa. I’m running pr4s now and was concerned going with that style. They surprised the snot outta me. Stable, confidence inspiring, grip in the wet. Read reviews and don’t spare the coin on a set of tires. After all, they are the only 2 things holding you in that turn! The questions you should ask , what is my life worth?

Back