Best stuff to clean rims

weeesss

Registered
I am new to chain drive and just had the 600 mi service done on my K8 Orange/Black, which I have had since April.

I added the Double bubble and fender eliminator but I need some good method to get rid of what appears to be chain wax all over the rims.

I am new to chain drive and just had the 600 mi service done on my K8 Orange/Black, which I have had since April.

I added the Double bubble and fender eliminator but I need some good method to get rid of what appears to be chain wax all over the rims.
have kids.... (and a box of q-tips)

I use kerosene, naptha, mineral spirits or WD40; just depends on what I have onhand. All work equally well.... :)

I have that stuff all over mine too.
Picked up one of these the other day from Harbor Freight.
Been waiting for the weather to either stop raining or stop being so freakin humid... GAWD
So I haven't tried it yet.
Was only $25 in the store
Feels pretty sturdy.

Motorcycle Wheel Cleaning Stand

Last edited:
wd40 it is then!

Forgot to ask but are there nuts on the ends of the rear reflector bolts? Having a tough time getting one out.

Last edited:
Honda spray polish and cleaner, works great

PLEXUS works wonders for me. Made by the same people that make the Honda cleaner. Use that stuff all over the bike even on the windscreen. NO SCRATCHES!!!! Clear wax and cleaner which leaves NO RESIDUE!!!

Steve:thumbsup:

PLEXUS works wonders for me. Made by the same people that make the Honda cleaner. Use that stuff all over the bike even on the windscreen. NO SCRATCHES!!!! Clear wax and cleaner which leaves NO RESIDUE!!!

Steve:thumbsup:

Use it myself, not cheap but worth it,,,

Any body have or used the cleaning roller thing from Harbor Freight? If so how good was it? Does it seem to work well or is it just crap! Thanks.

Back