Best state for motorcycle riding?

Upstate south Carolina where I lived had some nice roads, unfortunately im in south east Michigan now and it takes at least an hour of straight flat roads to make it to a road with a curve or two and usually not worth the ride.
Yeah that’s not far from me, I ride over that way often, have you been over by Caesars Head?

I’ve only ridden thru eleven western states but most thoroughly thru roads in CA. For the variety, CA wins out from the hundreds of miles of coast hiway to the giant old growth redwoods and over the seven Sierra mountain passes and all the state and national parks to ride thru, no other state that I’ve ridden thru matches up. The hiway patrol officers here are also much more ‘relaxed’ if you will. I also
like the roads for scenery in NW Montana and northern Idaho, mostly way up north. As for traffic enforcement, OR WA and ID cops are the most strict. Unless you’re on an Interstate, every frikkin road in Oregon, no matter how nice and empty or even if you can see for miles and miles, has a lousy and enforced 55 mph limit. MT cops not so much. MT used to have only a ‘reasonable and prudent’ daytime speed limit which is actually (no) speed limit. I (drove) from Missoula to Bozeman in two hours. The distance on I-90 is 203 miles. There’s really only one ‘slow down’ section the whole way, going over a mountain, otherwise a couple hundred miles of haulin azz! I even passed a hiway cop going the other way in a divided four lane section well above 100 and he didn’t even look over. Bright sunny day with minimal traffic. Too bad they did away with that, but they still have some two lanes with 70 mph limits! Running a V1 radar detector I haven’t had much interaction with traffic revenuers for years.

I’ve only ridden thru eleven western states but most thoroughly thru roads in CA. For the variety, CA wins out from the hundreds of miles of coast hiway to the giant old growth redwoods and over the seven Sierra mountain passes and all the state and national parks to ride thru, no other state that I’ve ridden thru matches up. The hiway patrol officers here are also much more ‘relaxed’ if you will. I also
like the roads for scenery in NW Montana and northern Idaho, mostly way up north. As for traffic enforcement, OR WA and ID cops are the most strict. Unless you’re on an Interstate, every frikkin road in Oregon, no matter how nice and empty or even if you can see for miles and miles, has a lousy and enforced 55 mph limit. MT cops not so much. MT used to have only a ‘reasonable and prudent’ daytime speed limit which is actually (no) speed limit. I (drove) from Missoula to Bozeman in two hours. The distance on I-90 is 203 miles. There’s really only one ‘slow down’ section the whole way, going over a mountain, otherwise a couple hundred miles of haulin azz! I even passed a hiway cop going the other way in a divided four lane section well above 100 and he didn’t even look over. Bright sunny day with minimal traffic. Too bad they did away with that, but they still have some two lanes with 70 mph limits! Running a V1 radar detector I haven’t had much interaction with traffic revenuers for years.
I love my Western NC roads but I think California wins though I haven’t personally been out there yet. My must ride list includes California and Colorado. I’d like to ride the eastern sea shore Maine, New Hampshire, etc Once retired I’ll definitely have more long distance adventures

I'm biased to Georgia because I live here. However, California seems to have the best of all worlds. Twisties, long stretches for cruising. Mountains to the ocean in one day.

I love my Western NC roads but I think California wins though I haven’t personally been out there yet. My must ride list includes California and Colorado. I’d like to ride the eastern sea shore Maine, New Hampshire, etc Once retired I’ll definitely have more long distance adventures

I’d like to ride whatever the eastern seaboard has to offer too. I’ve driven the entire western seaboard from Mexico to Neah Bay WA, just south of Canada and ridden all of it except for WA state. Problem for me heading east is the boredom of mile munching in a straight line for soooo long, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, et al, regardless of the speed. And maintaining speed, real speed on a m/c, even on the Busa is tiring. I wouldn’t mind crossing the country in one direction but both ways, no. I’d prefer a zig zag approach to ride mostly two lanes but that would really take some time to cross the country. Not sure I’d like sleeping in motels that many days in a row. The longest I’ve been out was two weeks thru eight states.

#BestLoopOutWest ~ #Idyllwild243 ~ #LookNoMore ~ #THEoRg *

+1

+1

+1

I'm biased to Georgia because I live here. However, California seems to have the best of all worlds. Twisties, long stretches for cruising. Mountains to the ocean in one day.

+1

Lane Splitting is legal in Cali

Bike got knocked over while parked today. Assailant unseen. Nice quiet residential neighborhood. Dented the R can but that's all ... so far. We'll see tomorrow in the daylight. Welcome to SoCal, the best riding state (?)

Back