Best Sport Tourer?

Back operations have a way of changing your opinion of what a touring bike is....no flames intended...I just can`t take the sportbike seating position for over a couple hours at a time anymore plus I ride double some and it just makes it all much more enjoyable.

Hey FRQ Flyer where did you get info on the revised ST? Any pics or is it just a rumor. I`m very interested due to having a buyer for my ST if I want to sell it....if something is around the corner I might be interested in selling. I have been told honda will not build the x-wing. Thanks for the info......

Honda revised the ST1100 for 2001. Wait and check it out. My friend has a '94 ST1100 and he can run circles around most guys on sport bikes.

How about the ZX12? I am impressed with how comfortable it feels. Sort of like a VFR800.

Joe

Lots of good bikes mentioned previously... but if you want a new comfortable sport bike.. I'll be honest, I drove the ZX12R yesturday for the first time and it is quite different from the busa!
I am 6'1" and 300lbs, hands down the ZX12R fits me better compared to a stock busa. The wind protection is night and day, much more leg room, the seat - a little hard - yet comfortable. The mirrors needs a bit of work to work safely... and uhhhh, it has quite a bit of power!!

[This message has been edited by BullDog (edited 29 May 2000).]

DUDE! Lower it! It GREATLY improves seating position, just slammed mine 3", love it!!!

I bought a 99 VFR800FI for my wife...A great bike...I put Givi bags, helibars, throttlemeister, corbin, Givi Touring windsheild for the winter....

BUT...I have to agree with Bulldog and several others....I just bought a ZX12R and I'll tell you...it's damn comfortable...Not too far to reach and great wind protection for a stock shield....Feels like a big VFR....I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs and both bikes fit great....I fit it better than the Busa...

BigGuy,
I had a K1200RS right before the Busa. I now own a Ducati ST4 and love it. There is a small handful of bikes that might meet the criteria you are looking for (as others have suggested) but to help pin point which bike will work best for you will mean that you will have to offer more info as to what other features you like in a bike. Do you like the feel and response of an inline four, inline triple, opposing twin, or v-twin? How much eye appeal does the bike need to have just sitting in your garage? What kind of power to weight ratio do you think you need? Does what the aftermarket have to offer matter? Anyway....all of this and more factors into the perfect bike for you.
Anyway....the K1200RS is a nice bike but the seat to bar to peg relationship is not well sorted. It's a bike that will gobble up lots of miles but I think it is a bike that will leave you still feeling like your missing something. Have you read the comparison Cycle world just did on the Sprint, ST4, R1100S, and the VFR. After all was said and done they thought the Truimph was the most comfortable and best buy for the dollar, not to mention it has a six inch rear wheel bolted on via a great looking single sided swing arm. Maybe something worth looking into. But then again how important is a slick shifting transmission to you? The Triumph was reported to be a bit notchy.

I have had a lot of late model bikes and if anything I've said interests you feel free to e-mail me at: angelone@sunflower.com Over the last ten years I have really given this a lot of thought while trying to figure out what is the perfect bike for myself. It's no fun getting excited about buying a new bike only to get in home put on some miles and discover it's really not the right bike for you. I've been there and done that many times. Good luck and again feel free to e-mail me.

Frank

Back