Best Sport Tour...rider

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
I'd hang my head in shame if I got a picture published with this body position...

Capture.jpg

:rofl: I saw that and thought the same thing. I would like to think that the guys who do these articles in a MOTORCYCLE magazine would be accomplished riders, but sometimes I'm left to wonder.

Well, I was under the impression that most of the editors of the bike magazines were actual riders and had tons of riding experience.

Well, I was under the impression that most of the editors of the bike magazines were actual riders and had tons of riding experience.

Maybe so... It's also possible that he's just trying to show some lean angle without going too fast, but who knows? :dunno:

Sport touring folks is the audience which does not care about track days, extreme lean angles, and hanging off. They just sit there and enjoy the ride. They don't mind to lean a little, but would not bother shifting back and forth.

Actually, come to think of it, I've seen guys at track days riding motards. They don't lean either - just sticking their inside leg out. Hmm, which actually does transfer some weight to the inside.

Anyway, I think a sport touring picture with saddlebags and a rider hanging off would be atypical... Just some thoughts.

Back