Best service manual for starter replacement?

rehed21

Registered
Hi Everyone,
I have a service manual that came with the purchase of my '01. I am going to replace the starter & related gears due to the inherent Busa problem I have been experiencing. The service manual gives very limited information on how to take it apart and I was wondering if Haynes or Clymer do a better job of explaining the process with better pictures. Anyone have a preference?

I have the oil drained and the cover bolts off - but the covers don't seem to want to come off and I don't want to try forcing them until I have a better idea of what I should be doing. I can't tell where the starter is mounted to the block, and the service manual says to remove the air box and throttle body which I would rather not do unless absolutely necessary as there seems to be a lot of room to work around the starter. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve

I do have the factory service manual. I checked the online link and found what I needed in the engine section (Thanks). It's not as detailed as I would like.

I was able to find the two bolts holding the starter. With the starter off I was able to pop off the cover(s). Once I get all of the replacement parts I will put it back together. Now I'm just trying to figure out the best 4 gauge wire to replace the starter cables with and where to get them. Then to check the rectifier/stator to track down my battery drain/charging issues. Then to replace and bleed the back brake since I already have the rear plastic off (what a pain). It will give me something to do this winter.

best 4 gauge wire !

Go to youre local Car-Audio store.
The boys now all about AMPS.

I use Phoenix-Gold Cables en 24k clamps.

For the Starter clutch ! !, use the titanium sleeve TIP ! ! !
Sux6 with youre project.

Greetings from the netherlands , kees

Back