Best seating position to avoid wind?

umairhashmi

Registered
Whenever i get upto 60+ mph i feel like the wind wants to push me off the street.I have a feeling im not sitting in the most aerodynamic way to avoid wind resistance.Any advice?

Get new tires.
BT-56 really sort of suck.
Buy yourself a decent set of tires and srcub them in over the course of 2 hours and learn your new machine.

A DB screen will make the wind hit you a little higher . Plus you can see the gauges better.

I have a touring screen I'll be selling in a few weeks. I'm supposed to be getting a dub-bub as a late b-day gift.

PM me if interested.

Screen seen . The 8th pic is probably the best view of it.

I also posted pics of before and after screen shots but I can't seem to find the thread.

two schools of thought from my experiences:
1. side winds: it doesn't seem to matter. I've ridden in 30mph gusts to the side of the bike, leaning into it for longs periods of time, and during that, I messed around with tucking, sitting full upright, and a mix between the two. Didn't make much diff. The Busa is a solid block wind catcher from the side even if the front slices right through. sometimes it seemed like sitting upright caught LESS wind skittering, and centered or balanced everything out better.

2. if you are going for speed, suck in legs, elbows, put chest on tank, crank neck up to see over gagues through the windscreen.

2.5 if holding at 60mph is a problem for you, perhaps the Busa is not the best bike for you. I am sure many others here and myself, often sit upright, comfortably at 150+. You pretty much just get used to it. And it feeels goooood!

It's an open air vehicle. You GET wind and lots of it!
biggrin.gif
If you think 60 is bad, just wait
wow.gif

I can't think of what your problem is at 60 mph . Unless your talking about side winds and those you just get use too ! I've never had any problem and that's cruising at 80 mph all day long  
blush.gif

If it is a windy day , the gusts of wind can get bad be prepared to get thrown around some..And stay at the outer side of you lane when you pass 18-wheelers too.

If you are talking about just getting on then yes duck under windscreen and hold on..You will get use to the pressure of the wind hittting you..

If it is a windy day , the gusts of wind can get bad be prepared to get thrown around some..And stay at the outer side of you lane when you pass 18-wheelers too.

If you are talking about just getting on then yes duck under windscreen and hold on..You will get use to the pressure of the wind hittting you..
Pretty much what he said. 30 mph winds, especially gusts, are crappy though. They tend to move you a couple of feet over (when there from the side) which really isn't that much, it just feels creepy. Getting hit from a wind gust while you are leaned over in a curve sucks too.

I just avoid 30 mph wind days usually since I just ride for fun, not for transportation.

I always lay down on the tank with a little of my helmet sticking over the db screen when I run it up to 170 or so. It's surprisingly smooth that way.

that's the only "downside" to a sport bike. basically you are the windshield. with a cruiser you can put a nice big windshield on and you are decently protected from the air you are splitting.

maybe you could wear "slicker" clothing to reduce drag, but with a sport bike you are always going to have to deal with the air.

If you're having problems with wind I suggest you change your diet.

Cut back on the beans at least....
smile.gif

To me, 60 to 90 is the most comfortable speed on the Busa...I just "lay" on the wind...works perfectly for me..

If you think it is bad on a Bus, try riding a naked bike at speed..a ZRX is brutal! You feel like a sail at 60!

Do some sit ups to strengthen your abs and support your weight with your stomach muscles. Toughen up softy. I rode my friend's busa for a day not long ago, I loved it! Smooth and easy at 100+, just like floating.

Jason

Back