Best route to Phillip's Motel if towing a 18' trailer.

Lisa

Registered
We're considering driving on the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville. This route from Lexington, KY to Robbinsville, NC is over five hours on the road. We'll probably just take the motorcycles out of the trailer in Sweetwater. Joe and Sean might drive their motorcycles on the Tail of the Dragon on the way there. Damian and I will stay in the truck and drive to Robbinsville.

Lexington, KY to Phillips Motel - Google Maps

Lisa, I'm no expert up here by no means, that route and plan sounds awesome.. im sure others will chime in!

Sent from iPhone using Forum Runner

The skyway is easy with trailer. When exiting off skyway, you'll be making a right turn on to us129 that is NOT the dragon side robbinsville is a short and easy drive with trailer after the right turn from the skyway side.

I have pulled my 20' X 8' 6" wide trailer through the dragon many times. Only problem we had was with slow Harley riders!

We drove on the Tail of the Dragon with our truck & trailer today. There was still a tree blocking the left lane. A police car was parked on each side of the fallen tree. No one was directing traffic around the tree. A cop was sitting inside his car. I figured he didn't want to stand outside and get rained on. There were cars and trucks on the Dragon even though it was raining. Joe had to pull over a few times to let some vehicles pass us. It took us about four and half hours to get to Pigeon Forge.

Great having you guys up there, and TY Joe for taking those Subaru guys to task :laugh:

Let us know when you make it in.

Back