Best rear sets for the $

Dere2000

Registered
Any opinions on a set of rear sets for my 07 busa. Not looking to spend $500.
Best fitment and quality for the money?

I bought a set of new "Vortex" off Cheesebay for $200.. fit and finish are fine and they have a lot of "bite" for track riding.. (feet kept slipping off buell pegs and stock pegs)

You can powder coat the stock ones but Vortex / Gilles / Sato all have great fit and you can custom adjust the riding & shifting position to your size/style.

rear sets 027b.jpg

I have some gilles i will sell you can anodize or powdercoat them black or can sell you new vortex..

I have Vortex on 3 of our bikes. Very sturdy & pegs have great grip. Parts are easy to replace if something happens.

You can powder coat the stock ones but Vortex / Gilles / Sato all have great fit and you can custom adjust the riding & shifting position to your size/style.
Thats a nice looking rearset... like the adjustable toe piece... :thumbsup:

.....for the money, you could powder coat the stock ones. Or just spend the money to get what you really want- those Gilles, I've been dreaming about these:
image370_big.jpg

Monica SweetheartTheres a guy on here that will powercoat your rearsets and passenger sets including all bolts for less than $100, then just spend another $50 for a set of pegs with more bite if your worried about that and boom, you got your black and your bite for under $150! :thumbsup:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but don't need to start a new one.

If I were looking for maximum leg room, is it better to save up for a pair or rear sets (which one is for best comfort?) or just buy the buell peg mod?

Stock rear sets have extra rubber bushings to absorb the vibration compared to many aftermarket rear sets which they do not have.Cheapest way is to power coat it.If you want to go for track or have some fun with twisties you will need an adjustable rear set

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but don't need to start a new one.

If I were looking for maximum leg room, is it better to save up for a pair or rear sets (which one is for best comfort?) or just buy the buell peg mod?

Most rearsets move your foot rearward and up for increased cornering clearance. They are not designed to increase comfort.

The buell peg mod will move your feet forward and down.

cheers
ken

Back