Best products for oil and coolant?

renaldoaoa

Registered
Running on a 02 busa 8100miles.

I've never changed the coolant before and was wondering what would be the best thing to use.
Looking at other posts It seem that engine ice would be the best way to go, but would still like some comments.

Oil wise I've always ran the suziki oil/filter, but I understand that synthetic is the best way to go from 6k and up.

Would it be advisable to switch to sythetic?
What brand would work best?

Some of this stuff Ive been unable to find locally so also any ideas on a good site to order from?

Many thanks!!

BTW.. This bike is only use for regular street riding and not racing, unless you consider dusting others on the interstate
biggrin.gif

LOL forget any question I have about oil. I mustve skipped some posts that Ive just found and know thats too much of a hot button issue. Would still like to know about coolant tho

I just wanted to welcome you to the asylum brother. I'm glad you found all you needed on oil because it has been talked about, debated, and disected here for a while. Thought your question might cause a few to climb up on their roofs and jump...LOL. As far as coolant, most here have gone with the mod of changing to a muzzy fan and putting "engine ice" in their cooling system. Hope this helps you...
smile.gif

Thanks for the replys.

I'll look into trying to find the Engine Ice in town, if not Ill order from ...

http://www.pitposse.com/enicehipeco.html

They seem to have the best price at $17.25 shipping inculded.

I'll prob wait on the muzzy fan for a bit before I purchase.

I installed a toggle switch after the first week of having my bike specifically for fan control. I ran it inlined so the fan could operate as normal, but I would have the option of turning it on at any time I wish.

I did this because I noticed the fan would only run for a short time and would hold the temp at that degree but the temp would still rise.

I thought that was strange cause my honda would run continually until the temp would revert to normal conditions.

Matter of fact I got stuck in traffic the first day I rode it (going to the insurance agency) and I had red light for a part of the trip.

That might change the fact of needing a fan.
Since putting the toggle switch on Ive really never had any problems with temp, but I figured Id at least place the best fluid in HIM.

Ive also decided to use the normal suziki filter and will prob change my oil to the mobile mx4t 10/40, if I can find it locally.

Thanks for all your info, its really helped me make some very important decisions on the upkeep on busa.

BUSA RIDERS OF THE WORLD...UNITE!!!

Not a bad price - I think I paid $17.95 + tax, locally. I'm running MX4T also. My local Wal-Mart stocks it. However, not all Wal-Marts will stock - it seems to be in the ones that have a Motorcycle section.

So you have the same hot issue as we do ....what oil..this could start WW3.
I import from the US, Royal Purple Racing 51. Works well enough with the standard Suzuki oil filter. We manufacture a coolant that reduces temp between 10 & 15%. Also works well.

i use repsol synthedic most of the time (only when the shop doesnt have any in stock, then ill go with mobil) and a K&N oil filter

i think i may have bought the wrong coolant and i'm afraid to put it in. Bought Prestone 50/50 pre-mixed and its like a yellow color? is this ok?

Engine ice or water wetter ? I am new to motorcycles and have much to learn..But I am a small block chevt fan and Transmisssion mech.. Water wetter works great when used alone with water.Not much good with antifreeze..Engine ice??? I have never used...Something that also might be a concern is a anti corrosion additive..
SHOCKED.gif

Back