Best Price in Houston Area for new 'Busa?

jfgovern

Registered
Hey guys/gals - I'm looking to buy a nice 'Busa in the Houston TX area - Has anyone gotten a good deal from a shop within 8-hrs. drive of Houston? All of the local shops I've called / visited so-far are selling at or near MSRP - this board is full of advice suggesting that I can find a ride for about $9500 + tax, but I haven't had success in getting this so far.. Buying from Canada and getting the bike shipped here would be fine with me, but I haven't been able to get a valid e-mail address of anyone up there.. any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance for any input!

PS- I did find one place in MN selling for about $9500, but after I add-in shipping at $500 (approx.) we're up to $10K again... Hmmmm

Joe..

Hey Jf,

Try this place Champion Cycle. I purchase my brand new '02 Busa from them in June '02 for $9365 OTD. It cost me $500 to have it shipped to me via Allied Van Lines. These people do work with you. Give 'em a shout and ask for a salesperson named Julio.

Brian

I'm in Houston and I haven't bought mine yet.....this might be an opportunity to do a "how much for 2?" campaign.....

Noone in Houston would cut you a price? My strategy is to go to a local shop, tell them you found a deal for $9400 +ttl, and would like to get it locally if you could....

Have you done that? What has been the talk when you go in to buy?

I can't help you find a Busa but Welcome to the board. Good luck finding a bike.
Jim

I'm in Houston and I haven't bought mine yet.....this might be an opportunity to do a "how much for 2?" campaign.....

Noone in Houston would cut you a price? My strategy is to go to a local shop, tell them you found a deal for $9400 +ttl, and would like to get it locally if you could....

Have you done that? What has been the talk when you go in to buy?
Hey H_Rider,

Probably won't do much good. If you want a good deal, you will have to deal with a dealer who deals in volume sales and can afford to take smaller profits per bike, but will more than make up for the smaller profits with volume sales. I will say once again..."Try Champion Cycle out of Chicago." Hope this helps you out.

Brian

Thanks for all the good advice! Maybe I will end-up buying out of state and getting it shipped here.. the local dealerships I've spoken with will sell '03s for 11K out the door, and one has two 02s for MSRP out the door (6.25% tax, comes-out to be about $10.2K before tax) - still too much, IMHO.. Maybe I'll try Champion Cycles after all....

I had a very very very bad experience from champion...

I called them one weekend to see what kind of deal they would give me on my sportster. When i called the guy told me he would trade me even for my sportster, he lied. I drove 8 hours to get their and the guy said "ill give you 5000 for the sportster". So i recommend you DONT use them because the a$$holes gave me a really bad day

Man, since you're in Houston....look in the central tx cycle trader and there is always an ad for a shop in Midland, TX....you can pick up a new bike from em with chrome rims and aftermarket exhaust for the price of a new one stock....they'll polish it for some extra $.

Back