Best Price for a new 2013 Busa in VA?

hayanek

Registered
Hi Guys, I am new in that forum. I sold my 2011 zx14 and I am getting ready to buy my third Hayabusa (1st: 2007, 2nd: 2009). I live in VA. Do you know where I can find the best deal? I was told by my dealer $11.7K out of the door. Thanks!

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

I haven't been in the pricing game in awhile but 11 anything sounds good, pre Brembo ABS was going for 13

I would think if out the door means with sales tax and license that is a pretty good price. I would be comfortable paying that.

Thank you very much for the feedback guys! I had a very bad experience with the purchase of my previous zx14. Although I bought it new, a few hours after the purchase I discovered a lot of scratches and dents on the plastics..That was obviously my mistake. I bought it on 2012 but it was a 2011 model (leftover) My new bike will be definitely out of the crate..

Dealers can mess a new one up. Just look it over good in the sun. Check the outside of mirrors, etc.

I think VaBusa went to NC to get hers, got a better price there. But that was a few yrs ago

I tried offering $10K cash to Sunrise Cycles near you for a used Busa and was turned down, tried the same with Casey Cycle City and got the run around...found out their reputation isn't the best, opted to drive to Lumberton, NC to a small dealer called Currie Chain Saw and they beat any place in VA by thousands, but this was 11 years ago.

Lumberton, North Carolina, Honda Power Equipment, PowerEquipment Suzuki, ATV, Motorcycle, Utility Vehicle, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel

Might be worth a call. They were definitely worth the drive, and awesome to deal with...

I tried offering $10K cash to Sunrise Cycles near you for a used Busa and was turned down, tried the same with Casey Cycle City and got the run around...found out their reputation isn't the best, opted to drive to Lumberton, NC to a small dealer called Currie Chain Saw and they beat any place in VA by thousands, but this was 11 years ago.

Lumberton, North Carolina, Honda Power Equipment, PowerEquipment Suzuki, ATV, Motorcycle, Utility Vehicle, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel

Might be worth a call. They were definitely worth the drive, and awesome to deal with...

Thanks, I will do..

In my area (Virginia Beach), the dealers are not so interested on making good deals with the customers..

The problem is that our entire area has a huge transient population with so many military installations, so area dealers rape those just passing through with high interest rates and wiggle very little on their already over-inflated prices. I hate that they take advantage of our military like they do, but that's a simple economic fact of living where we live.

In 2003, Sunrise Cycles (Norfolk) turned down $10K cash for an '02 used black Busa and Casey Cycle City (Newport News) turned down $10K cash for a new '03 Busa that was sitting on the floor just as the '04s were coming out. Currie Chain Saw in Lumberton, NC cut me a deal for the same '03 for $7900 out the door...

I honestly stopped wasting my time with any of the local dealers in our area knowing they take advantage simply because they can...it's worth a 3 hour drive just to NOT give 'em a dime :laugh:

The problem is that our entire area has a huge transient population with so many military installations, so area dealers rape those just passing through with high interest rates and wiggle very little on their already over-inflated prices. I hate that they take advantage of our military like they do, but that's a simple economic fact of living where we live.

In 2003, Sunrise Cycles (Norfolk) turned down $10K cash for an '02 used black Busa and Casey Cycle City (Newport News) turned down $10K cash for a new '03 Busa that was sitting on the floor just as the '04s were coming out. Currie Chain Saw in Lumberton, NC cut me a deal for the same '03 for $7900 out the door...

I honestly stopped wasting my time with any of the local dealers in our area knowing they take advantage simply because they can...it's worth a 3 hour drive just to NOT give 'em a dime :laugh:

I have been in the area for about 10 months and I do not work for the military. Your words explain everything. I have never had a problem to seal a deal in FL or IL.. Even in Richmond (less than a 100 mile drive) things are much better.

Back