Best place to purchase exhaust for my new 17 Busa

theframedoc.com

Registered
This is my second Busa first was a 2011 sold that to get a Harley Soft tail slim with the 110 I missed the Busa so much hand to get a leftover 17 .
My 2011 had a yoshimura trs with carbon can full exhaust I’m having trouble finding the same exhaust for my 2017 .
Where’s the best place to look with the best price ? Thanks in advance

You can find the lowest price and ask the shop of your preference to match it. Motomummy, solomotoparts and 58cycle are usually the way to go.. Revzilla offers awesome service + packaging

If your order an exhaust package from Brocks they will give you spot on dyno’d map for your Power commander.

If I was to get another Busa that’s the route I’d go. You might spend a little more on the Brock’s exhaust but you’ll save a lot more not needing to get it dyno’d.

If your order an exhaust package from Brocks they will give you spot on dyno’d map for your Power commander.

If I was to get another Busa that’s the route I’d go. You might spend a little more on the Brock’s exhaust but you’ll save a lot more not needing to get it dyno’d.

Sorry, 1B, but this is way not true. Just like any other "generic" map offered, it is not exactly correct for every bike. I am always fixing Brock's maps, and we always get more out of the bike . . .

Sorry, 1B, but this is way not true. Just like any other "generic" map offered, it is not exactly correct for every bike. I am always fixing Brock's maps, and we always get more out of the bike . . .

I hear what your saying but Brocks prides themselves on thier maps & customer support. I’m not saying that it will be dialed in 100% to the same degree as a proper dyno tune. However I’ve read enough and talked to guys who used Brocks and they all had positive things to say about it.

I’ll be honest with you...... half the dyno shops I’ve been to or seen were overpriced and underperformed performance wise. Now I have full confidence that I could take my bike to somebody like you and get it done right. But your a 10 hour drive away. Most people don’t ride their street bikes to 80% of its capabilities let alone 100%. So if I’m just looking for my bike to run smooth and strong and really don’t have the knowledge to distinguish a bike @ 80% capacity vs 100 this isn’t a bad option. Opposed to loading it up and trailering it hours away or paying some local hack $500+ to load a canned tune and change a few cells

I would be excited if I could find somebody I trust close to me area of living :) But again, it would be really difficult to trust, and idk how my bike would feel while spinning on the dyno :(

I’ll be honest with you...... half the dyno shops I’ve been to or seen were overpriced and underperformed performance wise. Now I have full confidence that I could take my bike to somebody like you and get it done right. But your a 10 hour drive away. Most people don’t ride their street bikes to 80% of its capabilities let alone 100%. So if I’m just looking for my bike to run smooth and strong and really don’t have the knowledge to distinguish a bike @ 80% capacity vs 100 this isn’t a bad option. Opposed to loading it up and trailering it hours away or paying some local hack $500+ to load a canned tune and change a few cells

So I guess I can ASSume that the other half of the dyno shops you have seen were honest and fair. I don't know how any bike shop can spend up to $40K on a dyno and not be very serious about it. The reputation that POWERHOUSE has for dyno tuning is everything to us. We have done so much dyno tuning here in the past 18 years that I actually had to replace the dyno roller - and we are the only ones that have had to do that, according to Dynojet. We have O2 sensors on hand and the proper gas to test them, which is done daily. The accuracy and calibration of our dyno is more important than any other equipment we have in the shop.

As far as you distinguishing 80% from 100%, I will say this- a good tuner will tune the entire fuel map from 2% throttle to 100%, from 1,000 rpm to redline. And although our customers like the extra rear wheel hp they are getting, I receive more compliments on throttle response, mid range, steady state and transitioning. It is definitely not all about what the bike does at full throttle only!

Again I state you are 1 of the reputable tuners out there. I don’t want to go back n forth and have what I say taken out of context. I’m not a Tuning Guru I don’t have experience in that regard I just ride em.

The point i was trying to make is most guys on sport bikes ride their bikes to 80% of its full potential @ best. I wasn’t talking about just a max HP tune @ redline. I’m saying that whether it was tuned Bye you or a canned map most riders won’t be able to utilize the power throughout gears and rpms. Obviously if a bike is sputtering or backfiring it doesn’t take a genius to figure out the tune is trash. What I’m saying a decent tune vs a perfect tune most riders won’t recognize the difference. Drag guys or track day guys or tunes involving nitrous or turbo absolutely need a perfect tune done bye a professional such as yourself. But an average rider on a stock bike with just a pipe, air filter, and Power commander won’t know the difference 9 times outta 10

The point i was trying to make is most guys on sport bikes ride their bikes to 80% of its full potential @ best. I wasn’t talking about just a max HP tune @ redline. I’m saying that whether it was tuned Bye you or a canned map most riders won’t be able to utilize the power throughout gears and rpms. Obviously if a bike is sputtering or backfiring it doesn’t take a genius to figure out the tune is trash. What I’m saying a decent tune vs a perfect tune most riders won’t recognize the difference. Drag guys or track day guys or tunes involving nitrous or turbo absolutely need a perfect tune done bye a professional such as yourself. But an average rider on a stock bike with just a pipe, air filter, and Power commander won’t know the difference 9 times outta 10

Agreed - up until that last line. I get feedback from average riders all the time, and 9 out of 10 of them know the difference in the first mile or two after a proper tune, and I often hear phrases like "a night and day" difference. And these guys are not using their bike's to their full potential. Throttle response, midrange, cruising - they see a difference there right away.

Not taking sides but to me the big difference in a dyno tune is the low speed stuff. Response, pickup off idle, low speed control, stuff like that. Truth be told when the bike is at WOT who can feel a 10 hp difference? All bikes run ok when you are pushing max fuel through the throttle bodies!. I had a generic map on mine until I could get to the tuner and was amazed at how much better it ran after the dyno tune.

I do agree on the tuner thing though. My tuner told me ahead of time he doesn't tune for max HP, he tunes for ridability. So if I want max HP let him know and he could do that for less because it's very simple. Getting the AF smooth across the rpm range can take 25-60 minutes or more. He started with 18 additional HP. When he was done it was only 11 HP but the bike was smooth as glass.

I don't get it. Your 100% throttle tune up shouldn't effect "rideability" at stop sign to stop sign throttle positions. Why did your bike lose 7hp up top?

what? spot on..... lol.. c'mon man... say it aint so

Not taking sides but to me the big difference in a dyno tune is the low speed stuff. Response, pickup off idle, low speed control, stuff like that. Truth be told when the bike is at WOT who can feel a 10 hp difference? All bikes run ok when you are pushing max fuel through the throttle bodies!. I had a generic map on mine until I could get to the tuner and was amazed at how much better it ran after the dyno tune.

I do agree on the tuner thing though. My tuner told me ahead of time he doesn't tune for max HP, he tunes for ridability. So if I want max HP let him know and he could do that for less because it's very simple. Getting the AF smooth across the rpm range can take 25-60 minutes or more. He started with 18 additional HP. When he was done it was only 11 HP but the bike was smooth as glass.
bike sees boost just above 4 grand.... smooth as glass. just about 400 hp on pump gas,... 18 pounds of boost.... PUMP 93 octane.

WIN_20180717_09_52_12_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180717_09_02_31_Pro.jpg

Back