Best place for Upgraded Stator and Rectifier/Regulator

danballa

Registered
Alright folks, I know this has been asked a few times...but a majority seemed to be older posts (as I Actually used Search function)

So, my ole bike isn't running right. No, I haven't really ran any tests, and yes, I saw there were tests to be run. I figured since it is an 05, with closing in on 50k on the meter, and more importantly...I Really like my electronics on my bike! I Live in Ohio, and Yes, I ride well below freezing, thanks to Gerbings! However now...I can plug it into my Oxford battery tender

(in many ways I like it better then the usual battery tenders, in one way..i Dislike it. Battery tender wanted to charge a diagnostic fee--or something like like with different wording-- when my less then 1yr old present went bad. No receipt because it was a xmas gift. The fee they wanted to charge me, was almost the price of a New, on Sale battery tender...so I went with an Oxford)

Anyways...I Now can fully charge it. Oxford tells me my battery is good and strong...It fires right up...and it will die within 5 minutes (definitely 10) I didn't officially time it. Even as I ride it, it will not charge, and will continue to die on me. I figured I would just get one from
http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/results.php]

Seeing as I am on a fixed income, and money is Always an issue...and there Are cheaper ways out there, and cheaper people offering the same services...I thought I would ask the Experts, and my 'Busa Family here, on and experience they Personally have had. Not, I once heard this guy who new a guy...Your best friend....is cool...but not 3 or 4 people away, if you know what I mean. I want first hand knowledge of who is best. Also...anyone who has used Ricks..anyone know an Average turn around time?

Wow...they answered an email in the time it took to write this. It Looked hand written to me. Said they were closed until Jan 2nd..and will reply to me then. All I asked was a Rough estimate turn around time since I have to mail my core in first...and if there was a discount for buying stator and the rectifier/regulator from them at the same time. Sure didn't seem helpful to me! Could have just answered in less time. At least they replied though...but now I will be without a bike for That much longer!

Anyone know of any other High Quality companies doing the same thing?

Alright folks..Thanks for your time..and any Helpful responses!

The upgrade from Ricks, is well worth the wait!

I have to agree with Rick's 100%.. Quality hands down!!!!!! on our 929 if bought used OEM, not bad but never know how long gonna last. Went through 5, YES 5, from Electrosports in a year before found they have bad soldering. Then "stealership" recommended Rick's. Felt a pound heavier than anything else, better guage wire, tighter winding, better coated.. Lasted 2 years. Just failed only because I used cheap connectors without diode grease to prevent corrosion. My fault..Previous owner cut factory plug.. And yes i bought Rick's again and will for any of our bikes.. This is just my personal experience.

Kinda late replying to you guys..but wanted to thank you for the info, and quickly...exactly what i needed!

Back