Best performance mods?

Delgado

Formerly known as KAI
Registered
To keep it simple, what are the best mods you can do to your bike and get the most out of it without having to go turbo or use nos (engine wise)? I was looking around and saw that people offered bore kits? I also noticed how much money they were.. Is that pretty much the best thing you can do? Also, for that much money, they don't seem worth it.. I guess if you ended up going turbo you would have to get that anyways right? Later down the road, I would like to get a turbo system but I don't want to just slap one on there for durability reasons. I want to make sure I build it up and make sure I have no problems when / if I do get one.

Since I can't seem to edit my post, I was going to add also what are some weight reducing mods that are available?

Try different tooth sprockets and go from there. Best bang for buck you will get IMO. Power commander,full Exhaust, air shifter(faster shift=faster bike),speedohealer,good sticky tires.....

big your bike in increments and you'll smile after each mod.
biggrin.gif

Loose weight.... Exhaust, rear sets, anything replaced with carbon fiber, Diet(haha). Just about any after market part for bike usually weighs less then the stock part.

If you know you're eventualy going to go the turbo route than you might as well wait until you have the full budget for it. You don't want to dive into the motor several times to make changes so you might as well wait. No point in even going to an aftermarket exhaust because most end up tossing it once they go turbo. Keep things simple for now. As already stated play with sprockets. In the mean time you could upgrade the brakes a little and the suspension as well.

I put a 42 tooth on my '05, and bang for the buck, it was great. After riding a 1397, however, that's a great mod, and I can recommend it highly
thumb_up.gif
. The combination of torque and top end rush are awesome.

small things
small airbox mod
42 or 42 rear sprocket
aftermarket air filter
power commmander w/map
full exhaust
royal purple oil (synthetic)
these things all worked for me.
thumb_up.gif

I also added some Yoshimura Racing Cams and it took me up +7hp. You couple that with the things that Rock said above and it starts adding up!!!

If I mess with the teeth on the rear sprocket, do I also have to do the same on the front? Also, is there an advantage to changing the rear sprocket over the front? Or vice-versa. If theres a "Modification 101" type thread around here, could someone point it out to me? Just trying to learn whatever I can about these things
thumb_up.gif

Also, which one of the sponsors offers these sprockets?

If you go down 1 in the fron it is like going up 3 in the rear, and you can do them 1 at a time front or back or both,43 rear and u will like it.

If I mess with the teeth on the rear sprocket, do I also have to do the same on the front? Also, is there an advantage to changing the rear sprocket over the front? Or vice-versa. If theres a "Modification 101" type thread around here, could someone point it out to me? Just trying to learn whatever I can about these things  
thumb_up.gif

Also, which one of the sponsors offers these sprockets?
the rear spocket takes alot less effort to change and the change in rear sprocket sizes aren't as dramatic from one tooth to the next.

once you start messing with the sprockets make sure you get a speedo healer of some sort
thumb_up.gif

Back