best pair of busa tires

Same situation here, but I only got 4000 miles. I looked between the Metzler Sportec M3 and Michelin Pilot Powers and decided on the M3. Both these tires are very similar in tread design, price and performance. The Michelin has a softer compound and a little more stick, but the M3 will have plenty of traction for the aggressive riding and should get a little more mileage due to the slightly harder compound.

Metzler is owned by Pirelli, so in short, Metzler uses the same Pirelli technology in tire manufacturing (same between Michelin and Bridgestone tires). The Pilot Powers have been around for years as well.

(squirrel59 @ Jan. 14 2007,01:59) I got 13,000 miles out of my stock Bridgestone so I put the same kind when I needed a new one.It has 3,000 miles on it and looks new. And no I don't ride like a gramma!
WOW - That has got to be a record!

eek2.gif

Question? Have you checked the accuracy of your odometer with milemarkers on the highway? That mileage on a stock bridgestone is unreal! Mine was completely wasted at 3200 miles and I thought I was taking it easy. I put an Avon av46 on and have about 5000 on it (+1 for Avons= great tires). I can maybe get another 800 to 1000 out of it if I'm easy on it.

what about Diablo Corsa ? new R1 comes with Corsa from the factory ...

I am currently running Diablos -
I have always run PP on my Busa & PP2CT on my Wife's 6000RR
Good grip from the PP - not quite as good w/ Diablos in the twisties.

(Guclu @ Jan. 16 2007,09:28) what about Diablo Corsa ? new R1 comes with Corsa from the factory ...
The Diablo Corsa is more TRACK oriented. great tire and some on here ride them they way they should be ridden, but they require more warm up than standard street tires. I tried Corsa's once but because I don't RAIL on them on the streets, they didn't heat up and stick as well as regular street Diablos

(guido4512 @ Jan. 16 2007,09:21)
(squirrel59 @ Jan. 14 2007,01:59) I got 13,000 miles out of my stock Bridgestone so I put the same kind when I needed a new one.It has 3,000 miles on it and looks new. And no I don't ride like a gramma!
WOW - That has got to be a record!

eek2.gif

Question? Have you checked the accuracy of your odometer with milemarkers on the highway? That mileage on a stock bridgestone is unreal! Mine was completely wasted at 3200 miles and I thought I was taking it easy. I put an Avon av46 on and have about 5000 on it (+1 for Avons= great tires). I can maybe get another 800 to 1000 out of it if I'm easy on it.
If you want ultimate Mileage at all costs go to the Bridgestone BT020's! My buddy's FJR1300 came with them stock and he binned em at 12,000 miles with lots of tread left! The front started to cup (Bridgestone hallmark). He's got the AV45/46's on it now and loves them! He was horrified when my Busa chewed through its first tire in 2900 miles!

I have 2000 miles on my OEM and their down to the wear indicaters in the middle,but I have chicken strips, no burn outs just hard on the throttle, my front looks like new

If it's performance in a street tire you are looking for, you simply can't go wrong with the new Dunlop Qualifier. Check out the photo of a hot set of Qualifiers at work. These tires are as good as the race tires we were on only two years ago.

I too have no confidence in the pilot powers. I've seen way to may bikes wadded up on pp's. I think pilot powers are great tires if you are the exceptional rider with your suspension finely tuned. IMO they are very sensitive to temperature and when pushed hard become very unforgiving.

A bike with well tuned suspension and poor tires will out perform a bike with poor suspension on the best tires.

The bike in this photo is on bone stock suspension with a fresh set of Qualifiers running mid pack race times.

Bryan2.jpg

Can anyone give me a price guesstament on the qualifiers. I can see that they're popular at Harley shops, but haven't located pricing.
poke.gif

I don't know what the trick is?? I ride everyday,don't do burnouts,freeway...twisties....commute and pleasure.I traded my ZRX 1200 with 20K after a year and she still had her stock Bridgestone on her too.They did replace the tires for resale though.

well i went and bought a pair of pirelli diablo's ,my local stealership had'em on sale for $290. installed ,so i guess i'll try them what'a think

(squirrel59 @ Jan. 17 2007,14:32) I don't know what the trick is?? I ride everyday,don't do burnouts,freeway...twisties....commute and pleasure.I traded my ZRX 1200 with 20K after a year and she still had her stock Bridgestone on her too.They did replace the tires for resale though.
Half those miles from the dyno?
poke.gif

(rocktober @ Jan. 17 2007,16:59) well i went and bought a pair of pirelli diablo's ,my local stealership had'em on sale for $290. installed ,so i guess i'll try them what'a think
i'm sure you won't be dissapointed. I think that all the namebrand sport tires out these days are very very good.

what tire pressure do you normally run?

36 front 38 rear, perfect for carving up twisties. 39...39 if you are going to be doing lots of high speeds for long times.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 17 2007,17:03)
(squirrel59 @ Jan. 17 2007,14
zzwhip.gif
) I don't know what the trick is?? I ride everyday,don't do burnouts,freeway...twisties....commute and pleasure.I traded my ZRX 1200 with 20K after a year and she still had her stock Bridgestone on her too.They did replace the tires for resale though.
Half those miles from the dyno?
poke.gif
Never been on dyno,so I guess that would be a no

(kawiboy11 @ Jan. 13 2007,15:28) i have had pilot powers, they were awsome, though I just got a new pair of shinkos for a great price.  They are nice, but I have not used them yet, snow on the ground!
bowdown.gif
I have shinkos,front(standard) and rear(190/50zr)...love the ride!

Back