best pair of busa tires

HPIM0030.jpg
Ask anyone I ride with and they will tell you I don't

(squirrel59 @ Jan. 13 2007,23:34)
HPIM0030.jpg
Ask anyone I ride with and they will tell you I don't
I don't know about that...all those guys still have their virgin reflectors on except yours.
laugh.gif

Good point reflectors are ugly but as you pointed out ,mine are gone .I've put 16K on my bike since 4/06 and no I'm not a virgin.But I am waiting for grandkids that I haven't gotten yet!!

(squirrel59 @ Jan. 13 2007,23:41) Good point reflectors are ugly but as you pointed out ,mine are gone .I've put 16K on my bike since 4/06 and no I'm not a virgin.But I am waiting for grandkids that I haven't gotten yet!!
So you're riding more like grandpa then...
biggrin.gif

I hate the question of which tire.. Every rider seems to have a different style (= need) and a different opinion on like style needs.
The stock tires, like any stock tire, is a compromise the manufacturer has to make to abide by safety, mileage, performance etc.. So the stock Ax is not even a consideration for me.
I went with the Metzeler M1's for two rears, and one front. He!! I thought they were the CATs azz, I was getting down to almost beading the edge of the tire, chasing around my buddies on their 600's. Then they started swapping to the PP, and walking away from me again. Now half of them are running P2ct's after I mentioned the tire to them. So, since I am powder coating my wheels, had to knock out bearings, valves stems and tires, I ordered a set of P2CT's for meself, hopefully I will be closing the gap on these little bastages again.
Mileage wise, the M1's didn't work to well. Averaged 4,000 on the dot per rear. I do ride aggressive, practice drag strip launching here n there, but no burn-outs. And I run a lot of wheelie practice time, no clutch-ups, just straight throttle. Some rolling burn-outs to "clean" the tire before some twisties also. I basically beat the crap out of my tires so I'm not worried when I see tread wear bars at 3,000miles.

(squirrel59 @ Jan. 13 2007,22:59) I got 13,000 miles out of my stock Bridgestone so I put the same kind when I needed a new one.It has 3,000 miles on it and looks new. And no I don't ride like a gramma!
HOLY CRAP!! I've got 6500 miles on mine and am on my 3rd rear. Grasshopper says teach me!!!!

I love the standard Pilot Powers on the Busa and my 600. I'll probably throw a pair of 2CTs on my 600 since it sees track time, but the standard Pilot Power is a great all-around tire for the Busa.

(BusaBret @ Jan. 14 2007,09:54)
(squirrel59 @ Jan. 13 2007,22:59) I got 13,000 miles out of my stock Bridgestone so I put the same kind when I needed a new one.It has 3,000 miles on it and looks new. And no I don't ride like a gramma!
HOLY CRAP!! I've got 6500 miles on mine and am on my 3rd rear. Grasshopper says teach me!!!!
13,000 miles? I don't have the words.

(ONE MORE BUSA @ Jan. 13 2007,16
zzwhip.gif
)
(Copperone @ Jan. 13 2007,15:38) Pilot Powers
+1
Very good tires for track day also
+2

Pilot Powers for me!
I have about 2800 on them and the rear is still at least 50%.  There is no comparison to the stockers considering I got 2500 out of the BT56's.  Alot of people like the Qualifiers too but I heard they don't get quite as many miles out of them.

crazy.gif
Someone must be selling me junk tires, the last rear was a qualifer and it lasted just over 1200 miles. Thats with no burnouts. Im on three rears and two fronts with less than 6k on all.

(reward69 @ Jan. 15 2007,21:05)
crazy.gif
 Someone must be selling me junk tires, the last rear was a qualifer and it lasted just over 1200 miles. Thats with no burnouts. Im on three rears and two fronts with less than 6k on all.
Not at all. You have to remember where we live.....

With twisties around every turn in the road, tire life does drop.

Plus there are so many factors surrounding tire wear.

I have used many tires on my Busa since 1999. IMO, the Pilot Power offers the best balance of grip and millage.

lurk.gif
Waiting for StreetNTrack to put them ( Michelins ) on group sale. Hopefully by April.
beerchug.gif

(squirrel59 @ Jan. 14 2007,01:59) I got 13,000 miles out of my stock Bridgestone so I put the same kind when I needed a new one.It has 3,000 miles on it and looks new. And no I don't ride like a gramma!
Dude how much to attend a training seminar by you, for that kind of miles
rock.gif
13k is the most i have ever heard anyone streach a tire! I am better than most on tire wear for straight Fl! Wear em out in the middle, you must use em up totaly 3k in center and 5k on ea side
rock.gif
super.gif

rock.gif

Can I sign up for the seminar too, shid my rear bridgestone is showing serious wear after 1300 miles
rock.gif

guess I'm a minority running Pirelli Diablos most of the time. they wear out quick, but stick to everything on the road and track, at a veirety of temps. I've heard and seen Powers give up when pushed hard on the track so I have no confidence in them PERSONALLY. right now I'm about 50/50 street and track days on my busa

Shoot, I wanna know how you do it..???

I run a ZX-14 and just like all of the guys on Busa's I only got 4500 miles outta my rear tire...

Or maybe you're running in kilometers and not miles..

Just a thought...

Back