best pair of busa tires

rocktober

Registered
busa bros., give me some input on a set of new tires, my local stealership say go with pirelli diablo's, or metcaler sport tech, whata think

Depends on what U think is Best .....sticky tires or higher mileage tires ?

Avons rock.  I have AV 59 & 60.  Sticky and high miles  
beerchug.gif

(StreetnTrack @ Jan. 13 2007,16:14) we sale a lot of pilot powers, avons, qualifers and bridgestones for the busa.
how much are your dunlop qualifiers? 190

But the guys are right. You have to decide what kind of riding you want them for? How do you ride? Then you can narrow it down more from there.

i have had pilot powers, they were awsome, though I just got a new pair of shinkos for a great price. They are nice, but I have not used them yet, snow on the ground!
bowdown.gif

Shinko's are great for the drag strip, pilot powers are definately the way to go for everyday down the road riding! VERY STICKY TIRE!! GREAT GRIP!!
beerchug.gif

I just got done with some Pilot Powers which I put on at 8,600 miles and now I have 13,700. They were awesome but now I think I'm going to replace them with the new Continental Contisport Attacks or Road Attacks. Just not sure which once cause one is for grip the other for mileage but same tread pattern.

Just put on my 2nd Pilot Pwoer rear and the next time will be front and rear 2ct's. I would say Pilot Powers.

I'm going to try the 2TC nect, but for now i like the qualifiers better than PPs on hot Florida roads. they are sticky and just feel better.

Also if you like twisties, drop the rear to a 180/55 will make a difference

What kind of riding do you do? What kind of Mileage do you expect? Touring, 2up, solo, Drag Racing, Track days etc. etc. All of these questions need to be answered to truly find what your looking for. Tires are so good now that you have to go out of your way to find a bad one. Moderate to aggressive Sport riding fans seem to favor Pilot powers, Qualifiers, Viper's and my personal fave the Metzeler M3's. But if you expect more than about 3-4k out of a set you can get very favorable results with Avon AV45/46 (or the New AV55/56 Storms)or Metzeler Z6's with very little loss of sporting prowess. Be honest with your assessment (chicken strips don't lie!) and buy accordingly.

I got 13,000 miles out of my stock Bridgestone so I put the same kind when I needed a new one.It has 3,000 miles on it and looks new. And no I don't ride like a gramma!

(squirrel59 @ Jan. 13 2007,22:59) I got 13,000 miles out of my stock Bridgestone so I put the same kind when I needed a new one.It has 3,000 miles on it and looks new. And no I don't ride like a gramma!
You must...@ 13,000?!?!?!

I'm at almost 4,000 and may be getting a new tire tomorrow!

Back