Best Mods For The Buck Drag Racing

Raul Herrera

Registered
Hello everybody
I have a 05 busa . I would like to do the following quick shifter with traction control or just airshifter , lower front and back possibly extentend it with adapters, a drag tire maybe. Unsure on drag tire because of extension and traction control option. What is the best combo and best bang for the buck as cheap as possible?What kind of times should I realistically get with this set up all stock motor ?

First, welcome to the oRg. There are alot of things you can invest in to shave a bit of time here and there, but the most bang for your buck will be seat time. I would not spend a dime on anything other than fuel and track time until you get to the point that you just can't improve your consistent time. By then you will know what you need and what you dont.

Thanks for the welcome. My biggest concern are the wheelie and tire spin. I have read that these are major problems with these bikes and one should try and eliminate them prior to racing . I can leave at maybe 3k rpm but feel that is not maximizing what these bikes can do as far as et.

Welcome . 1st bikes racing in the 1/4 can wheelie or wheel spin . its a fine line to tread . To long wheel spin , ham fist 1st gear with no clutch action and the ball crunching begins . As stated above seat time . Get a strap , and pull down the front a bit . In stock wheel base with a bit of practice you will do fine with any sport tire . Start out easy , and work you way up with throttle earlier . Just make sure once your rolling down the track in your upper gears you are using wide open throttle . Many forget it takes a big hand full with stock throttle tube to go WOT . R6 tube could be a 1st low cost upgrade .

Welcome . 1st bikes racing in the 1/4 can wheelie or wheel spin . its a fine line to tread . To long wheel spin , ham fist 1st gear with no clutch action and the ball crunching begins . As stated above seat time . Get a strap , and pull down the front a bit . In stock wheel base with a bit of practice you will do fine with any sport tire . Start out easy , and work you way up with throttle earlier . Just make sure once your rolling down the track in your upper gears you are using wide open throttle . Many forget it takes a big hand full with stock throttle tube to go WOT . R6 tube could be a 1st low cost upgrade .

Thanks for your reply and info sounds like I will need to test and tune like I did with my camaro. Trial and learning the fun stuff !!!

Back