Best Middle of Road Tire?

84Ninja

Registered
Hi guys, I'm looking for a great tire that's not soft since I am not a racer-type. I just like going straight and fast- Nothing extreme. I'd just like a tire that's going to last pretty well. Thanks if you can suggest something. Regards

Kurt

Pilot 2CT double compound
Bridgestone 016 triple compound
Both are better grip than stock on the edges but harder in the center might last longer

or you can go with even less of a sport tire and just go with a sport touring tire
check out the tire manufactures web sights

Thanks Bike dude and Rubber2burn
smile.gif
Will check them out. Is there a better place to buy them on the web? Thanks again
beerchug.gif

look at the sponsors on here, if you cant find anything from them try parts411.com. They will price match also.

Kurt, everyone will definitely have their favorites. Never forget the old days of leaving the house 2x (1000 mile rides) and coming home on bald tires. That was 30 days.
firedevil.gif

Nowadays running Avon's sport touring tire and can't believe how long it's lasting. Normally, I'd figure 3-4 rides, but keep coming home and there's lots of tread left.
bowdown.gif

Img_0011_RKA_Luggage_640.jpg

Kurt, everyone will definitely have their favorites. Never forget the old days of leaving the house 2x (1000 mile rides) and coming home on bald tires. That was 30 days.
firedevil.gif

Nowadays running Avon's sport touring tire and can't believe how long it's lasting. Normally, I'd figure 3-4 rides, but keep coming home and there's lots of tread left.
bowdown.gif
Avon Storm ST is an EXCELLENT choice.

Bridgestone's BT021, Dunlop's RoadSmart, and Michelin's Pilot Road 2 are all good choices as well.

The regular Pilot Road gave me nearly 9,000 miles before I changed it for a tour. Had some more left in it too. I now have over 4,000 on the PR2. Corners much better but still wearing well down the middle.

Wow, thanks guys!
beerchug.gif
I've narrowed it down to the Bridgestone 021 and the Mich Pilot Powers. Waiting for a price..will keep you posted

Just to throw another one out there, I am a huge fan of Continental tires. I just got some ContiRoadAttack tires and can't wait to get them on the road. My past Conti tires got me about 8000 miles apiece.

here's the blurb from a random website:

FEATURES

The Continental ContiRoadAttack puts 12% more rubber on the road than any competitors tyre due to Dynamic Footprint Technology this takes sport-touring bike cornering performance & safety to a higher level

- Sticky compound with 7mm deep tread gives supersports performance and sport-touring tread life

- A serious all year round tyre choice

- Optimised multiple curvature design (MCD) gives light, responsive steering and handling

- The best looking tyre on the market!

- Newly developed High-Impact 0° Steel Belt tyre giving the performance of a sports tyre and the mileage of a touring tyre

- Exceptional grip in both wet & dry conditions for sporty year-round touring riders

- Innovative tyre construction for a very high level of comfort and safety

- Precise handling under all conditions due to the MCD (Multi Curvature Design) of the tyre

Continental-ContiRoadAttack.jpg

firedevil.gif

bowdown.gif
+1 on the Avon's

Thanks Spectre and DR, I will consider the Avons and Contis.

I got quoted a price of $240 (shipped) for some bridgestone BT021's Is this a good deal and a decent tire? Thanks if you can help,

Kurt

Back