Best Heat shielding

superchargedv8

Registered
I wanna line my fairings on the inside to keep the exhaust heat from warping my fairings. What would you reccomend OR what have you used in the past that works. Someone said aerospace material but i dont know where id find something like that. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

If you have a stock header dont worry too much about it.

Aftermarket header? Just yer standard M/C heat shielding sold at any mc parts counter.

EXTRA paranoid like me? Do the heat shielding and spend another 20-40 bucks wrapping the header with header tape. This works so well,I garantee it wont melt the plastics,even with the pipe touching.

RSD.

o ya... some folks think header tape robs HP...some believe it aids in performance. :dunno: on a Busa,it matters little. Melted plastics blow chunk...:puke:

RSD.

If you have a stock header dont worry too much about it.

Aftermarket header? Just yer standard M/C heat shielding sold at any mc parts counter.

EXTRA paranoid like me? Do the heat shielding and spend another 20-40 bucks wrapping the header with header tape. This works so well,I garantee it wont melt the plastics,even with the pipe touching.

RSD.

ive got the HMF bigbird exhaust and i love the exhaust but the fitment sucks ass. The pipes are wrapped and the fairings have heat shielding tape...the kind sold at autoparts stores and fairings are melted a bit and warped on both sides. I might post them up for sale here since they are not to bad but I'm just very picky with my vehicles so i might just buy new ones.

ive got the HMF bigbird exhaust and i love the exhaust but the fitment sucks ass. The pipes are wrapped and the fairings have heat shielding tape...the kind sold at autoparts stores and fairings are melted a bit and warped on both sides. I might post them up for sale here since they are not to bad but I'm just very picky with my vehicles so i might just buy new ones.

I hear ya,everybody on here knows how a n a l I am about my vehicles. My HMF hi-mounts are a pain too.

Also,this guy is hurtin' right now,maybe you 2 could work something out.Good karma. :thumbsup:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/174408-busa-down.html

RSD.

Back