Best Grips for the Buck?

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
I need to change the grips on the bike and havent seen anything that really catches the eye ( Unless its $100.oo plus dollars) . What are most people using ? I like the looks of Billet grips But big $$ and probably get hot in summer and cold in winter...
boxing.gif

Spider Racing grips- $15-20 bucks, very comfortable, have a soft feel and more "tack" than stock, reduces gripping force needed which helps on long rides and gives better feel when riding technical stuff...

They also come in a variety of colors, I have black on black. Check with GPW, he is a sponsor and carries them.

Spider_grip.jpg

I retained the original grips on my 2000 Busa but installed the same foam padding that is on my Honda Goldwing.
I bought the grips with the padding installed from a local bike shop for $14.00 and pealed the padding off the Honda grips. I rubbed the inside of the foam grips with some shaving cream and slid them onto the stock Busa grips. Trimmed them with an x-acto knife to fit the shorter Busa grips and let them dry overnight.
Now I have nice padded grips on my Busa which greatly extends the comfort of my riding. If they wear out or I get tired of them I can easily cut them off with an x-acto knife and the stock grips are retained intact.

hey drth are there any vibes with those.? smoother than stock?

im using the Harris grips and i absolutely love them!!! they have awesome tack and i think cost me less than $20....

IMG_0369.JPG

does anyone remember the grips that had a Kanji tread look to them ? (I know I'm not explaining it right)

Harris actually makes a set with a Kanji logo in them. Had a set for a while and decided I needed something else and went with the ProGrips.

I have standard foam grips on mine. I got them from Greg at HPC. They were like 10 bucks. I installed them over the top of the stock grips as stated above. Kind of a pain to get them over the stockers, but a little hairspray have them enough slip to get them on. They pretty thick, and also have lots of cushion, no more hand fatigue.

Back