Best grease cutter

SGT.Dawson467

Registered
Okay guys and gals here is the best stuff ive found to remove that tuff hard to get off crud. It is mean green, the wheel in the picture is a buddy of mines bike. I did some work on his bike, and thought that I would surprise him and detail his bike so when he came to pick up the bike it would be completely detailed for him. Well I got in a little over my head when I started clean I find out that the last time he reall cleaned the bike was almost 2 years ago (not a type-o). Every time he rode he oiled the chain and just took off. So with 2 years of break dust, chain lube and road grim, I was alittle woried that I wouldn't get it cleaned perfect. Determined to do the job right I tried break cleaner, simple green, rubbing alcohol, diesel, and dawn dish soap. Well none of that even made a dent in this grim shield. So I did a little research and it lead me to Mean Green. Went to my local dollar tree and bought 2 bottles and headed home. Spryed some on the wheel and waited about 10 seconds and wiped it away and to my surprise a clean spot. The chain used to be just as bad and look at it now lol.

So if I had to recommend a grease cleaning product I would highly recommend this stuff.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Might have to try the mean green. I clean the chain with WD-40 before I wax it, then wipe the wax and WD-40 over spray off the rear wheel.

Kerosene is my drug of choice. It is sold by the gallon in Lowes, is dirt cheap and petroleum based.

brake clean around the front sproket cleaned mine to perfection. wd40 i clean my wheels and swingarm with all the time

I wouldnt use Brake Cleaners on NOTHING!! Its very harsh on paint and plastic... Kerosene works great and its cheap.. Suzuki even recommends it for cutting chain grease and grime so you know its safe.

Worked amazing around the sprocket,just let it set for a few seconds and with an old brush scrub and rinse away and repeat if nesacery.

87 octane gasoline in a spray bottle with a old toothbrush and a catch pan.....looks like factory new...

This bike was just ridden by old owner with no maintenance upkeep. My buddies step kid brought it without a pre-purchase inspection :banghead: ...I have spent almost two weeks on it fixing stuff to even be road safe..

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

87 octane gasoline in a spray bottle with a old toothbrush and a catch pan.....looks like factory new...

This bike was just ridden by old owner with no maintenance upkeep. My buddies step kid brought it without a pre-purchase inspection :banghead: ...I have spent almost two weeks on it fixing stuff to even be road safe..

Wow, How many actual deaths can be attributed to cleaning with Gasoline!!!! Not recommended at all!

Kerosene has a much lower flash point and is pretty safe but even then you need to be careful where you use it. Best thing I have ever used to clean my back wheel. Follow it up with some Windex and a paper towel and they come out shiny!

I didn't say pour it in your swimming pool and have a smoke while soaking :rofl:.. I bet more deaths have been attributed to riding a motorcycle while using gas than using it to clean a part :laugh:.....I have been doing it over 25 years and I'm still typing with all my fingers, and my dad been doing it for over 40 years same way and he in perfect health and body complete. use what you like or that works for you...

Wow, How many actual deaths can be attributed to cleaning with Gasoline!!!! Not recommended at all!

Kerosene has a much lower flash point and is pretty safe but even then you need to be careful where you use it. Best thing I have ever used to clean my back wheel. Follow it up with some Windex and a paper towel and they come out shiny!

That was not meant as a personal attack, just as a public service message from an Ex-Air Force Maintainer and Weapon Safety guy.

You are suggesting putting gasoline in a spray bottle and spraying it onto parts. Just pointing out that atomizing gasoline into the atmosphere is essentially creating the first component of an FAE Bomb. All you need is an ignition source and hello Darwin!

Not everyone has as much "Common Sense" as you and your dad.

Gasoline vapors are heavier than air and will creep along the ground. There have been many home explosions in garages due to these vapors meeting up with water heater pilots which are commonly located in the garage. Additionally, gasoline vapors will penetrate clothing, and can maintain explosive levels come cigarette time.

I suggest you, and anyone else who might take up your suggestion to use gasoline, try Kerosene, it works just as well and carries a much lower level of risk.

Also, I agree that more deaths have been contributed to riding a motorcycle but I would rather go happy than go up in flames!

any smart person knows you don't use gas or any highly flammable source in a closed area, rofl...any thing can burn when you add fire source or ignitor.. me nor my dad smoke so none of that applies, so any person that smokes around flammable products is darwin prone lol...

here's a gas question for you,Mr Ex Safety Guy.. How many times have you drove your car or truck and needed gas when cold outside? Have you ever auto set the pump and got back in to get out the cold? what is the first thing you did once pump clicked to let you know it was done?

Sometime people over think a common sense statement this not a personal attack, but true public service message..

That was not meant as a personal attack, just as a public service message from an Ex-Air Force Maintainer and Weapon Safety guy.

You are suggesting putting gasoline in a spray bottle and spraying it onto parts. Just pointing out that atomizing gasoline into the atmosphere is essentially creating the first component of an FAE Bomb. All you need is an ignition source and hello Darwin!

Not everyone has as much "Common Sense" as you and your dad.

Gasoline vapors are heavier than air and will creep along the ground. There have been many home explosions in garages due to these vapors meeting up with water heater pilots which are commonly located in the garage. Additionally, gasoline vapors will penetrate clothing, and can maintain explosive levels come cigarette time.

I suggest you, and anyone else who might take up your suggestion to use gasoline, try Kerosene, it works just as well and carries a much lower level of risk.

Also, I agree that more deaths have been contributed to riding a motorcycle but I would rather go happy than go up in flames!

Back