Best generator cover replacement

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Hi everyone Im back on the site after a long period and am about to buy my first Hayabusa which is a UK 2007 model in blue. The bike itself is a minter apart from some chips on the left side gerator cover where the bike was laid down. The previous owner managed to dive under it and saved just about everything else from damage when it went over.

I have asked the dealer to deal with it prior to the potential purchase which he will however Im thinking there might be an easier option of just fitting a stronger cover and splitting the difference.

What is the best aftermarket part for the job and likely price/availability in the UK..?

Regards..Vindy.

Woodcraft is what is on mine as well.

It is a very nice product!

I saw the Woodcraft ones on another forum but some owners complained there is not much room inside and some damage has been caused. Not sure to what degree. They do look good though. Some billet parts are available in the UK but are in my opinion way overpriced but they will argue that the cost has to be weighed up vs damage to the bike in a fall.

Vindy.

I'm not sure what you are expecting out of a stator cover. I've seen several stock one cracked or brokent from very low speed to no speed drops. But I've seen 2 woodcrafts first hand take a hit on busas without failing. One was mine. I would have been done for the day at the race track if I would have had a stocker.

IMO if it gets hit hard enough to damage it through a woodcraft, that damage is going to be the least of the problems. Likely the entire bike will be a write-off.

It there is a better built one out there, I have not seen it.

153462d1249749333-has-anyone-installed-no-cut-frame-sliders-img_4400-medium-.jpg

Last edited:
Looks decent. I think I'll try and blag the dealer to get one and fit it and Im good to go. I cant believe it fell in the first place and had no other marks anywhere.

Now thats sorted.....anyone want to donate a fat turbo...?

Vindy.

Woodcraft saved my plastics 2 weeks ago.
Me and my roadlok had a misunderstanding..
and all 3 of us ended up on the ground.
The cover took bout 80 percent of the pain.
The rest was taken up by the factory mirror and the yoshi..
But all else is good..

$200 wood craft
OR
side panel, stator cover, with enough damage NEW stator.

Got mine last group buy.. don't remember how much I paid.
I looks good. Easy to install. And protects.

Saving pennies for frame sliders or race rails next
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't overlook Vortex? Nothing wrong with Woodcraft but Vortex is a winner as well! We use Vortex on our race bikes and we've got multiple crashes on them before replacement! Any cover will fail eventually. The Stock covers always fail as soon as they taste pavement!

+1 yea, most any billet cover will be stronger than the thin cast OE cover. :beerchug:
Don't overlook Vortex? Nothing wrong with Woodcraft but Vortex is a winner as well! We use Vortex on our race bikes and we've got multiple crashes on them before replacement! Any cover will fail eventually. The Stock covers always fail as soon as they taste pavement!

Update:

OK had some dialogue today with the dealership and they are not happy to provide an aftermarket part as I have discounted them already on the bike. The say they will dress the OEM cover and paint it but Im not happy.

I have decided to look for a 'LRC Components' cover as it is pretty much in keeping with the rest of the bike. I will ask the dealer to split the cost 50/50 with me but I need to find one really quickly.

I have emailed Spyder Racing UK and waiting for a reply but does anyone else have any supplier info for the UK please ? I need one quickly.

I dont want to pull out of the deal on such a trivial issue because the bike is a minter so I must tread carefully.

Thanks to those that have helped thus far.

Beast.

Busa.jpg

Busa1.jpg

Very nice looking bike.

I havent heard anything Bad about the woodcraft covers myself.

I went the Bling route but if not would have probably gone with the woodcraft.

Unfortunately have replaced several covers over the years, but am happy with the Woodcraft cover. Like the bling also and had to have mine chromed. :thumbsup:

Baby J (11 Jul 09) - 2b.jpg

Back