Best Gearing

GYJUNIOR50

Registered
Wondering what would be the best front and rear gearing for 08 hayabusa.
I wouldnt mind losing some top end just do to the fact I really cant go 185 mph+ in to many places. And again I dont want anything to radical!!!:thumbsup:

There is no best gearing, it depends on what you're trying to do. I run -1 +2. Vortex sprockets, Cat5 Black in the rear.

Last edited:
there is no best gear ?????????????????????????????
What I meant was gearing depends on what you're trying to do, if you have a turbo then -1, +3,4,5 isn't a good thing. If you're running 1/4 mi. then +1,2 and -2,3,4 isn't a good combo either. There is no real all around best gear it depends on what you're doing, The factory tries to give you an all around gear ratio, but depending on mods you usually change it.

Last edited:
Not sure about the Busa's but with all my other bikes (suzuki) I have only changed to -1 on the primary to give just a little bit more drivability. But so far I do not think I neede it with this beast.

My plan was to replace the rear with a 45 by Driven, because they are all black and the around town feel seems to be smoother from what I've gathered...

Maybe even a 46 in the rear...

Good Luck man:beerchug:

When your ready ToBeFast.com can help you out

Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Haybusa 08-09 530 Rear Sprockets
Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Haybusa 08-09 + GSX-R 1000 01-08 + SV100003-09 530 Rear Sprockets- Tobefast

Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R + Hayabusa + BKing 530 Front Sprocket
Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R + Hayabusa + BKing 530 Front Sprocket- Tobefast

Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

Hayabusa Motorcycle Chains & Motorcycle Sprockets 2008-2009 Models
Motorcycle Chains & Motorcycle Sprockets - Motorcycle Gearing - ToBeFast.com

We really appreciate you business

Team McCoy MotorSports
Hayabusa.ORG Sponsor
Motorcycle`Street Bike`Apparel`Clothing`Gear`Helmets`Parts`Accessories`Cruiser`Off Road Bike Apparel`Parts`Accessories`Superstore - ToBeFast.com
Phone (606) 432-1556
Sales@tobefast.com

I am 17 / 45. I think I would like to go back to the 18 in the front. Seem to have lost a bunch of mph in the 1/4.

Back