Best Full exhaust

haya:)boosta

Registered
Need some info please... new '07 BLACK! Have some money to spend to get to 200HP (no NOS) . Looking for best exhaust system (full vs bolt ons) for the bucks. Much Thanks in advanced to all.
bowdown.gif

Just so you know, the folks around here like for you to use the search feature of the site. I know you are new and it will painfully be brought to your attention!! LOL!!! Let the opinion page begin!!
lurk.gif

To get to 200 HP you will def. need a full exhaust w/ PCIII-USB, a custom dyno map and some other mods as well. But just the exhaust/PC/map combo can get you to almost 170 HP.

Thnx, been thinking bout brock w/ hindle any feedback? Around mid summer lookin for engine porting. I'm not too keen on NOS. BTW with the '07 I wasn't sure if older info on older postings would be apply to this model (thats why I didn't search). Again thanks for any info.

I'm getting ready to put an Akropovic Evolution on mine. I like the sound and the power production has been proven at my local strip. I got hammered on the "search" thing. I didn't mean anything serious about it. I have an 07 also, Red, small airbox mod scheduled for this weekend with pair valve removal also.

You will HAVE to buy a good pipe , up the compression with std bore aftermarket minimum , port work and cams. You can get 200 w/o port work but need some manipulating to do it .

Do you mountain ride ? If not , the Murray Spyder is a crazy good deal @ $525.00 . Must cut the right side plastic though . Seen some clean installs .

http://www.murrayexhaust.com/index.htm

For a sport pipe there quite a few that can get the job done .  PM for a short list of the proven one's .

If you go 1397 be carefull on compression so it will run on pump gas and crank when hot . Carefull on overcamming it as well along with where the head gets ported  200hp is not as easy as it sounds .

(Moparict @ Mar. 08 2007,11:55) I'm getting ready to put an Akropovic Evolution on mine.  I like the sound and the power production has been proven at my local strip.  I got hammered on the "search" thing.  I didn't mean anything serious about it.  I have an 07 also, Red,  small airbox mod scheduled for this weekend with pair valve removal also.
That's one expen$ive @ss exhaust system.

Is it really expensive? I found one on Ebay for $1300 NIB for an EVO system with free shipping. I figured for what it does...that's basically $100 per hp add PC3 and tune and it comes out to just abuot right.

Best bang for the buck is full muzzy exhaust in my opinion .under 700 for a full stainless system..

I am getting ready to do an engine build ('cause my 2nd gear is screwed up). I have been doing a lot of research into options and as a couple of ppl have said. You will be hard pressed to get 200whp NA unless you go into the at least the head.

Don

(Over_Easy @ Mar. 08 2007,12:21)
(Moparict @ Mar. 08 2007,11:55) I'm getting ready to put an Akropovic Evolution on mine.  I like the sound and the power production has been proven at my local strip.  I got hammered on the "search" thing.  I didn't mean anything serious about it.  I have an 07 also, Red,  small airbox mod scheduled for this weekend with pair valve removal also.
That's one expen$ive @ss exhaust system.
Sexy is as sexy does!! It makes good power and sounds great. The quality is also top notch.

I finally ordered Brock w/ Hindle 4-2-1 light weight ( 8 lbs total) stainless/titanium. Also, PCIII usb, pair valve block-off, stainless brakeline f/r, sm airbox mod, and air scoops. I figure by the fall I'll be 6 months into my warranty and then Bob Carpenter's engine shop port my head and regrind cam...he's claims I should be @ 210. We'll see?! Thanks for the input.
bowdown.gif

I just ordered a Tsukigi Spec II race. After everything I have read it seems to be one of the best systems out for making power. They come in a few combos from full Stainless to full titanium. The build quality looks to be top notch too.

I have the Tsukigi Full Ti exhaust system, and I love it. But I think you will need to add some other pieces to make you 200 hp come true. I added a PC Ignition Module, Velocity Stacks, BMC Race Air filter, and another custom tune and I am at 181 hp. I think I will be over 200 when I put a 40 shot dry nos on my baby next year.

(MORBIDBUSA @ Mar. 10 2007,18:01) i just got a boz bros moira best sound and its light only 700 brand new
I thought the moira exhaust looked quite nice...
Hows about a sound clip of the exhaust?

Joe

Sound clips.. speaking of.. just wondering why
there isn't a posting with exhaust sound clips..
I know it would not be exact by any means..
but at least something to go by???

Joe.

(buffalojoe @ Mar. 13 2007,05:39)
(MORBIDBUSA @ Mar. 10 2007,18:01) i just got a boz bros moira best sound and its light only 700 brand new
I thought the moira exhaust looked quite nice...
Hows about a sound clip of the exhaust?

Joe

Sound clips.. speaking of.. just wondering why
there isn't a posting with exhaust sound clips..
I know it would not be exact by any means..
but at least something to go by???

Joe.
Do a search.
I recently posted up of the BDE with TI can, street megaphone, and street megaphone without baffle.
Others have posted up videos also.
I know there was one of the boz exhaust.

If you go 1397 be carefull on compression so it will run on pump gas and crank when hot . Carefull on overcamming it as well along with where the head gets ported 200hp is not as easy as it sounds . [/Quote]
+1

I am getting ready to do an engine build ('cause my 2nd gear is screwed up). I have been doing a lot of research into options and as a couple of ppl have said. You will be hard pressed to get 200whp NA unless you go into the at least the head.
[/Quote]
+1

You MUST Port the Head if you want to get 200hp

much better than carpenter racing

Back