Best Friend passed away

ali123

Banned
Life is soooooooo short... and it seems like life happens sooo quickly that often times we don't take the time to appreciate the good people around us... My friend Jermaine was an incredible human being and a generous soul, may god bless him... He was a better man than I was, very very forgiving and always tried to help whomever needed help.. Often times we told him he was toooo nice, that people took advantage of him.. didn't matter though, he was an ambassador of good faith and decency. It was a hard life for him right from childhood.... growing up mainly in a group home.... from the streets, in Harlem.... We met in the academy and instantly were friends.... we used to joke that we were "Prison Guards" and NOT "officers"... mainly because we didn't like getting up at 4 am and shining our boots constrantly…. and we would always try to get out of doing PT(physical training)…. we got caught slacking off one time and were forced to do over 2000 jumping jacks and pushups... these are the times I remember well... In the end.... Jay beat the streets and carved out a nice life for himself, he even bought a house a year ago(a lifelong dream for him)…. I was proud to call him my friend, im still in shock... he was 47 years old and had a heart attack... I lost my motorcycle riding buddy... RIP big dog.
1556608325031.png

Life is soooooooo short... and it seems like life happens sooo quickly that often times we don't take the time to appreciate the good people around us... My friend Jermaine was an incredible human being and a generous soul, may god bless him... He was a better man than I was, very very forgiving and always tried to help whomever needed help.. Often times we told him he was toooo nice, that people took advantage of him.. didn't matter though, he was an ambassador of good faith and decency. It was a hard life for him right from childhood.... growing up mainly in a group home.... from the streets, in Harlem.... We met in the academy and instantly were friends.... we used to joke that we were "Prison Guards" and NOT "officers"... mainly because we didn't like getting up at 4 am and shining our boots constrantly…. and we would always try to get out of doing PT(physical training)…. we got caught slacking off one time and were forced to do over 2000 jumping jacks and pushups... these are the times I remember well... In the end.... Jay beat the streets and carved out a nice life for himself, he even bought a house a year ago(a lifelong dream for him)…. I was proud to call him my friend, im still in shock... he was 47 years old and had a heart attack... I lost my motorcycle riding buddy... RIP big dog.View attachment 1598384
Sorry to hear that happened! Best of thoughts & support..

Man so sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and his people. Take care of yourself, I have lost 3 of my 5 riding buddies and it can get into your head.

That is very sad news Ali, sorry to hear that, I hope you give him a great send off and celebrate his life in a meaningful way.
Grieving takes time mate, I know you'll appreciate your friends now even more than ever!
Tell someone close you love them and appreciate them today,tomorrow, and forever!

Very sorry to hear of the loss of such a man Dan.

One never expects to lose someone at that age. Keep his memory alive and stay strong, be there for his family.

All the best big man.

Ali, so sorry for your loss. Happy for all the memories you have of a close friend. People who are fortunate enough to have close friends and family always will live on in them.

Condolences ali. 47 is too young to go.

Keep that stress under control gentleman. It will get you if you don't.

Reactions: c10
You are absolutely correct in that life is too short. You have to enjoy and make the best out of each day and it sounds like your good friend did just that for 47 years of his life. Sorry to hear about what happened but I'm glad your paths crossed. Keep him in your memories and treasure them forever.

Dan,

Terrible news. Very sorry for the loss of your best friend and riding buddy. From what i read sounds like he may have been a co worker as well? Its alwaays so very tough when you lose a good person, It takes a long while if ever to fill the void they leave.

Sorry man. It is so fragile and you never know when it's gonna be your time. I always try to live life to the fullest and don't hold onto anger. Sorry for your loss. It's always the good ones.

thanks guys.... and you know what the ultimate irony is? He was at a funeral for his aunt..... didn't feel well and went into the bathroom.... had a massive heart attack...…………………………….. (never had a history of heart trouble)

So sorry to hear this. It is never easy to lose someone. Take solace in the fact that he is in a better place now. Condolences to his family.

Back